HELP WITH BUYING BEST RADIO FOR MY R/C

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by VINMAN463, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VINMAN463

VINMAN463 New Member

Hello

I am completely lost with the radio's If you can give me some information it would be greatly appreciated!! I have an ofna 1/8 scale nitro ultra lx pro and a Traxxas emax, and i am looking into getting a touring car probably team losi xxx-s OR ASSOCIATED TC3. The 2 R/C'S that i have now came with am radios. I was told FM is the way to go!! So i was looking at the JR Racings xs3. But then i saw the EX-10 HELIOS KR-302F AND WAS WONDERING WHAT TO DO?

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE 1 RADIO FOR THE MONSTER TRUCK, THE NITRO BUGGY AND THE NEW CAR I AM GETTING, WHICH IS THE BEST THING FOR ME TO DO
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. Iwant to get a good radio that will work all the r/c so i don't need 3 radios.
    VIN
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

the only radio i know of that has the option for multiple cars is the Airtronics M8. Its a pretty penny but for what ur looking for, thats it. There may be others that i dont know of that some1 else might tho.
  3. mclarenf3387

mclarenf3387 New Member

Many radios have options to save settings for multiple cars. I think the EX-10 is supposed to be a much better radio than the XS3 but its also more money. I don't know if the Helios has a synthesised crystal system, where the XS3 has the synthesised crystal system. It all depend on what options you want, the synthesised crystal system is a very nice feature, but the EX-10 has some stuff the XS3 doesn't.
  4. 2phat4u

2phat4u New Member

Sounds like what you really need is the new Airtronics MX-3, It has 3 channels, 5 model memory, full digital trim capabilities and lots of features right from its big brother the Airtronics M-8, It has end point adjustments, adjustable travel volume, servo centering adjustments, the 3rd channel for optional reverse if your using it with a T-Maxx and other reversible transmission vehicles plus many many more features. All this for under a hundred Bucks at various hobby stores! I know of 7 people at our local track who have them and they work flawlessly! Hope this helps![8D]
  5. rdandy5875

rdandy5875 New Member

I like the xs3 over the mx-3 any day. It has 6 model momory, 3 channels, all the digital trims and endpoints. some like mine have a 10 model memory. I got mine on ebay from some guy in Hong Kong for 150 shipped, new. And it has 12-27mhz channels, try to get a conflict with that. Also just feels better in my hand.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

those radios these guys mentioned would all work well for you but if a tight buget is a factor i would go with the AgressorCRX 3-channel Pistol Grip made by Hitec.it is only $79.99 though you would need two more sevos since it only comes with one.you can find it at www.towerhobbies.com
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.