Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by thunderrcclub, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderrcclub

thunderrcclub New Member

I bought a T-maxx about a month ago, this is my first Nitro.
    I run about a half tank through the engine and then it bogs and dies and will not start for about 5 min. It keeps doing it no matter what I do, I have ran a 1 1/4 gal. through this thing I dont know what to do. Any help would be great.
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

try tuning it
  3. thunderrcclub

thunderrcclub New Member

really, I ment is there anything I am overlooking
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Sounds like you might be running it hot, what are your temps been, What setting are your carb. needles H/S,L/S.
  5. thunderrcclub

thunderrcclub New Member

Not sure on temp, H/S-3, L/S-2.5
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

is the glow plug good still? Maybe try a different 1
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Start with a new plug, Whats your compression like ,ya I no that you have only run about 1.5 gal. threw your motor but that does n't mean anything if it wasnt broken in correctly. Make sure that your getting fuel to the carb. pull the pressure line off the pipe disconnect fuel line to carb. blow into the pressure line ,does fuel come out of the fuel line if yes than make sure that fuel is reaching the carb. and going into the motor, sounds like your motor is starving for fuel mean your carb. just might need to be cleaned . Your carb. settings appear to be in the norm range. As the fuel level goes down your truck well start to run a little leaner and you began to get more air in the system which makes it run leaner , anyway try that. Red
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.