Help with a file name - Blade Runner Blaster

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by md10bldr, Sep 30, 2008.

1. md10bldr

md10bldr New Member

Hello -

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a file name. Last year, uhu02 posted a paper model of the Blade Runner Blaster. Now before folks get upset, Yes, I know that uhu02 posts his models for a limited time - I'm not asking for a copy of the file. I have a few gigabytes of paper models spread across multiple DVD's, and I'm 99.8% sure I caught this one when it went by. I've tried many of the typical searches for .jpg, .gif, .pdf, and .zips. The problem is, the result listings that come back are so long, I know I'm whizzing right past the file(s).

So, can anyone remember what the file name was?

Attached Files:

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

3. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

SteveO is correct about the picturefiles being in bmp format, however Ihave them compressed in a zip file, containing a folder simply called "d", in which the bmp's are located.
    so you might be looking for a zip file. Mine is called blaster, but i'm not sure if I have renamed it myself.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  4. xadow

xadow Member

I downloaded this sometime ago from uhu site and the file is called blas.pdf
  5. md10bldr

md10bldr New Member

Thanks for the help guys.

Hard to believe, but after searching through 30+ gigs of (mixed) files, it looks like I missed this one. I guess the lesson here is, if you see, and are even remotely interested, download it before it gets away! Who knows, maybe uhu will repost it some day.

Thanks again.
  6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here is something that might help you out in cataloging what is on the many DVD's and such that you have the model files stored on. It is a simple utility that will generate a text listing of the files and folders in a directory. You insert the storage media, whether it is a disc or memory card or what ever, into the appropriate reader or drive and instruct the program to generate a listing. Then you can use the search function of a word processing program to look for specific file names. If you convert the list to a pdf you can use the pdf reader's find function to look for a file name.
    The program is called JR Directory Printer near the bottom of the page.

I have generated a lot of lists and have found it easy to find a file, providing I know the file name. :)
  7. md10bldr

md10bldr New Member

Doug -

Hey thanks for the link! I currently have all my disks indexed using the "Disk Gallery" function in Roxio Creator 10. It'd be safe to say that I'm less than impressed with how it works. I've already downloaded the file and run a quick test - based on what I see, I'll be re-indexing my DVD's this evening! Who know what I might find......?

Thanks again