HELP! Who can find this?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I need another engine house like this one, and cannot find it anywhere! :cry:

Sep21120.JPG

It's a model of Ben King's engine house, and it's (was) made by lifelike...but they do not manufacture it anymore. Can you guys help me find it? (please!) :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks in advance!

-Miles

richhotrain

Nov 11, 2004
Miles,

Don't bother looking on eBay. I checked both current and completed listings and there are none for this structure. I doubt that anyone has seen it "on there all the time".

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
I just saw two of them on there Sunday. Look in the lots of buildings, but you have to browse them all. (Usually over 3000 auction listings for HO Structures). If you're entering "Life-Like engine house", then no, you're NOT going to find one. This is a train set item that most folks don't know what it is, especially if it is already built. If you spend some time browsing E-bay, you WILL "find them on there all the time".

When I'm browsing the structure listings for my new layout, when I run across them, I'll PM you.

It just depends on how bad you want to find one. :0)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
MilesWestern said:
I need another engine house like this one, and cannot find it anywhere! :cry:

Sep21120.JPG

It's a model of Ben King's engine house, and it's (was) made by lifelike...but they do not manufacture it anymore. Can you guys help me find it? (please!) :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks in advance!

-Miles

You could always build you own :) If I can do it, anyone can hehehehehe

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=14488

richhotrain

Nov 11, 2004
CCT70,

I stand corrected, my apologies.

I went on eBay and entered "HO engine house" and they do indeed pop up.

You were right; I was wrong.

Miles, get going.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
No prob, sorry if I sounded jumpy, I slept about an hour last night and was back up again. I made the mistake of not flipping my matress soon enough and I guess I got used to the dip, now that I flipped it, it's unbearable, lol. Since I have the day off, I just figured what the hey and got up for the day early. :rolleyes:

Funny thing about buildings offered by IHC, Life-Like, Tyco, Bachmann & Con-Cor, for some reason, more often than not, they are VERY vaguely described if described at all, so you have to look a little harder and deeper at ALL of the listings. I'm running into that with looking for IHC Victorian San Francisco style row houses. More often than not structures from those manufacturers are listed as lots of "train set houses" or the like. Regardless of whether there even *are* any "houses" there.

My apologies for being snappy. This new coffee sucks, I'm going back to Kona! hamr