help wanted..nitro drifting

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by hks4life, Nov 16, 2006.

1. hks4life

hks4life Guest

ok i knwo that 4wd is better but i am wanting to learn how to 2wd a nitro drifter...wat wheels should i use.....an can u link me to wer to buy them...an wer can i get good looking bodies
  2. hks4life

hks4life Guest

anyone help please
  3. hks4life

hks4life Guest

anyone help please
  4. jareb

jareb Guest

Try www.hpiracing.com or www.yokomousa.com for bodies. Kudos to anyone who can drift a 2wd rc car like the full size ones, It is possible but you would need to setup the car like a real one. The real drift cars run some extreme negative camber just check out some pics of the d1gp cars. your probably looking at about 3 to 7 degrees of camber, maybe more, also they like to change the caster angle to suit drifting more, Im not sure what those setting are like. Ive tried using my nitro 4tec 3.3 with the front wheel drive disengaged and it would drift some with the camber set to 3.5 degrees in the back and 4 degrees up front, but the car was not easy to control and the rubber tires that I tried lasted only two tanks, But it did do really awesome burnouts in 2wd, it just wouldnt corner predictably, I messed around and tried the car with fwd also one day It hooked in corners really bad but burnouts lasted for days, can anyone say rc smokies. The only setup that drifts well for rc seems to be 4wd. WHEELS just use wheels that appeal to you, I think if trying 2wd drifting you should use different offset front and rear, I like hpi wheels I run 3mm offset up front and 6mm offset in the back. tires is the only thing that you should be worried about, might try some skinnier tires up front and wider in the rear, Hope it goes well.