HELP! Speed Racer Mach 5 D/L?

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by GEEDUBBYA, Oct 15, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I have a friend with a real, yes real "Speed Racer Mach 5" he also owns two of the 1966 "original Style Batmobiles" (the full size cars, not models). Anyway, I sent him a link to the newest batmobile download and in his words....."This is the coolest (insert explicitive here)-ing thing I have ever seen!!!!"
    Anyway, He has asked that I see if there is a Model of the "Speed Racer Mach 5" out there for free download. Has anyone seen one or know of one?
    This is a photo of his car:

Thanks in advance for your help,

have a nice day,

Greg aka GW

2. SteveM

SteveM Member

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Thanks Steve,

Thats a start, I appreciate the effort, I will give him that link. I am going "bleary eyed" looking for one myself.
    His cars make appearances at charity fund raisers and I have already contacted Claudio Dias about the use of his batmobile cardmodel as a free give away at those functions, with the understanding they would be free and not sold and credit was given to claudio and his website.
    Anyway, If someone knows of another model of the Mach 5, It would be appreciated.

Thank you again Steve again, thanks in advance for your help everyone.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW

4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That is a nice looking piece of iron, what car is it derived from? A 66 Vette?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rick,

It was a 1999 chevrolet speed racer prototype, it was built for the Child Safety Network at a cost of more than $650,000 to be used in a national automotive safety tour according to an article in the Detroit news "Joyrides" magazine. But He paid far less than that when he bought it. The article went on to say that it sold for $180,000. Now I dont know if that is what he paid for it, but he owns the car now. There may have been another owner before him. And there may be other replicas also. Of course, his may be the replica lol.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well if there's no paper model there's always plastic and here's a very good plastic version from Hobby link Japan. It's got all the bells and whistles :)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Thanks John,

Lol, its not like he cant afford it. He may have to settle for plastic. I just thought I would show him the paper model and knowing that he does alot of appearances with both the Mach 5 and his two batmobiles, I figured what better way to get some "publicity for card models in general, the designers of the batmobile and mach 5 card models, but it looks like he may have to settle for just the batmobile card model for now. Hopefully Claudio (the designer of the batmobile) card model will allow him to passout free pre printed copies of his card model at the charity events his cars attend in exchange for free advertisement of his site and model work.

anyway, Thanks John have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  8. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

9. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Your friend as a very nice car and it appears to be parked next to one of my very favorites. A Mercedes 300sl Gullwing!
  10. SteveM

SteveM Member