Help pls!!!

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by SiDeWaYz, Jun 2, 2005.

1. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

sup y'all!just want to know whats a good controler to buy??.....thanks a lot!!
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

The best is a KO Propo. Eather the Helios or EX-1. Or you can go Futaba for the 3PM. Those average about $300 each. The best thing to do is make a list of what funtions you want on your tx, then shop around for the controlers that have those functions, compaire, then buy. It seems like this is the "It" question this year, so im going to make a "tutoral" for buying TX's, and have admin post it on the main site.
  3. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

cool thanks dude..this site really helps a lot for beginners or even pro's...yeah that tutorial would be great!!!i want to get a futaba though its kinda expensive, but thanks for the info again!!this site rocks
  4. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

r u selling any good controllers thats like ready to use??i want a good one tho....i really dont know much bout rc's sorry
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Im not, however check Ebay. They have some great prices. And since your a begginer and such, just go with something with Steering/Throttle Trim, and not much more. The more systems it goes threw, the more chances you have to mess it up. And tho i would NEVER recomend it, just go with a AM radio. They have short range, and are VERY likely to get interferance, but they are A LOT cheaper.

Heres a great one to use http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=5978284374&rd=1 Futaba, and it has servos and such (extra servoes are GREAT!) But incase you miss that one, heres one that has more time...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44028&item=5979414346&rd=1 ^I personally have this one, great tx. And incase you cant get those or whatnot, i might be able to find one for sale ( i really dont think i need 12 o_O)
  6. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

the first one link you gave me is it really good?? im planning to bid on it...its cheap!!hehehhe but can i convert it to FM??incase i get some more budget or i get more cars..thanks a lot for the quick response i got 13 more hours to bid on it..wish me luck!
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its an amazing controler! IMO, better then the other one i showed you. After taking a closer look, i have 5 (wll, 4 or 5ish) of those exact ones. They are the best AM TX's i have ever seen.

No you cant convert to FM. Only TX's like the KO EX-1 and EX-11 can.
  8. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

o well im winning anyways hehhe!!$55 plus shipping is that ok??daaamned dude you got a lot!!!share it with us!!!lol you use all of 'em??
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Well, right now i can only use my T-Maxx and my KO for my TC3. Parents got a divorce, dad took the RC stuff and its all stacked.

$55 isnt bad... i wouldnt go much higher, cause for about $80 ( I paid $100 at a retail store) you can get a Futaba 2PK with MC300 ESC and a Servo. However, that one has two servos, and has throw, and will last for years to come. Just when you get it, take some long plyers or something, and bend out the contacts for the batter thing, then tend to bend back easily and you loose connection. Add a piece of cardboard to the battery pack on the bottom, your set for a long time. They are fairly confortable, but its best to tape them up to make it thicker, as it is fairly skinny.

As to why i have so much, i've been in the game since i was 2. I have around 7 hobby level cars, and 80 others. I buy bulk usually, and splice. I would share, but im a person who has trouble getting rid of stuff, unless it was to buy a newer verson. Also, you dont know what i have. I could go threw and lsit and take up two posts...

As a tip for beginners, buy bulk! You see someone selling 20 RC junk cars with electonics for $20, take it! Make them work. You will become a MUCH better person with cars. Then take parts, and take them apart and put them back togeather. If you have problems, theres always websites to help, or i can offer my advice.
  10. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

HOW ABOUT THIS RADIO??Its running $35.00 right now is that ok??

FUTABA 2PL 2 CHANNEL DIGITAL AM-ABS-EPA -BRAND NEW!-NO RESERVE!
    One-button programming for fast and easy menu access
    Ten model memory stores and selects preset programming for up to ten different models
    One trim switch allows setting and adjusting trims without returning to the menu
    Steering dual rate strategically located on the grip close to the trigger offers more mid-range control, crucial when cars are going into corners
    Steering/Throttle End Point Adjustment (EPA) limits servo travel for more control and to prevent servo damage
    ABS braking initiates on and off pulsing for less skidding and can be set for slow, mid, or fast pulsing

INCLUDES:
    One 2PL Magnum Transmitter with crystal
    One R142JE receiver with crystal
    Two Servo Accessory packs
    One 4-cell Receiver battery holder. Instruction Manual

Servos are not included.

and what are the servos for???how much is a servo anyway??does it have to be the same brand as my controller??
  11. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

show me a link... I cant really analize ebay auctions without links.

A servo is for Steering. It connects to the bell cranks and turns the wheels, and on a nitro car, its steering, and throttle. They range from $10 - $200. It doesnt have to be the same brand, just it has to be compaitable with your equipment. There are three types of plugs, Futaba, Z, and Airtronics. Make sure the plugs all match, and you'll be fine (Untill you get to HRS and such, but that shouldnt be a problem for a long time).
  12. iGuy

iGuy Guest

look ka here !!!
    Its traffic on this site !!! =)

Hey Sparky you knwo where to get good unlimited ESC cheap from.

I need antoher one for my Pro 4 =)
  13. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Check ebay, or my new favorite tool, Froogle. Its google for shopping, and compaires prices. Best thing tho is check local papers, such as a Thrifty Nickle (American Dollar or something... not sure if thats nation wide). Unlimited arnt cheap, period. Cheapest i seen was $50, and it needed new wires soldered to it. A good one that can sell for $30, but usually needs a little maintance is a Novak Tempest. I have two (non working, needs wires and one needs re-serviced) and they are GREAT! Reasonably small for what it is. Or you can go the "Pricy" route and get the Hara Twister at ~$200-$300. But best is ebay, or other fourms (Also a great way to spam to get more traffic ( :roll: :wink: :wink: ).
  14. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

dude i bought a controller yesterday, its a futaba magnum 2PL for $69.99 is that ok??or expensive??thanks!
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats not bad. 2PL's are nice. I have the PK verson, and i paid $80. Did you get a ESC and servo, two servos, or just the TX and RX?
  16. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

ESC is electronic speed control???if im right no,just tx rx only...came with only one servo??is it expensive??youve been a lot help to me..thanks
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

If its without an ESC, thats a bit much, but still not a bad price. Yes, ESC is Electronics Speed Control,. With the one servo, its still not to expensive, but i got my 2PK with MC230C ESC and a Standard Futaba Servo for $80 at my Local Hobby Town.
  18. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

the tt-01 kit a bought before comes with the ESC anyways so i have no problems so far.My friend said that i dont really need it for beginner drifting.so far in my TT-01 i bought a ball bearing set, motor heatshield, aluminum propeller shaft..

Tell me if im planning the right way to buy parts, some rear and font (upper and lower) arms, alloy swing and wheel shafts and some front and rear stabilizers. thanks a lot for the help!
  19. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont know much about the TT-01. But an ESC is ESSENSIAL! for any kit. the last tamiya kit i bought came with a MSC (mechanical Speed Control) wich sux. its inconsistant, and if you wreck it can get stuck. Also, i havent heard (doesnt make that not true) of a car kit coming with ESC, but no TX or Servos. Unless of course you just want an upgrade.

Like i said, im unfamillair with the TT-01. So im not sure if those parts are whats needed (And im not sure what a propeller shaft is. :? ) But for my TC3, the spair parts i buy are front and rear A Arms, Shock Towers, Wheel Hubs, and CVD's. I do not ever recomend Allum or Alloy unless its something like a drive shaft, or your going to be racing, and perfer that over CF. Allum and Alloy bend rather then break. If an a arm or such bents, its going to put stress on many other parts, causeing more damage.
  20. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

well the kit that me and my friend got has a sticker in the front that says includes ESC..we got it from hobby people it was on sale for $79.99 reg price is $132.00 so i think i got a pretty good deal.

the propeller shaft i think is desame as the drive shaft..it makes the other side of the wheels (front or back) turn the same time as the other side (again front and back) i guess you guys have different name for some stuff or im just plain dumb :p(thats what it says in the "how to" tho!!)lol... thanks for the help!!!