Help Please!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by, Apr 15, 2008.

1. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Hello, as some of you know, though I have yet to finish, I convert some of my cardmodels to RC. I want to get back and finish some of my builds and I needed some carbon fiber sheets. The only place that I knew that carried them was lone star balso which has closed due to a fire in November. (My condolenceses Lonestar...I hope you get back up.) Any ways, does any one know where to aquire carbon fiber sheets in 24 and 36 inch lengths, 2 and 4 inchess wide in .004 and .007 thicknesses? I have been unlucky in google search so far. . .
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I hope you can find some - I cant wait! :)
    p.s. welcome back buddy :)
  3. I need a Pin up girl. . .

I plan on finishing the redbaron which is on the site and a p6e that is a bit bigger that is about 2/3 done. I will not predict any time limits, I am just gonna do them for what they are, my way to relax. The foker dr 1 only needs assembly and test crashing though....:mrgreen:
    You made me smile tonight thanks again.
  4. redhorse

redhorse Member

Hi Geo,

I just finished reading through your Dr.I build a couple days ago. It looks great and I do hope you're feeling better.

I looked around and found this place that at least has the thickness you are looking for. It looks like you have to order foot. I've never ordered from them, but hope this helps. Please do update the build thread when you get some more pictures!! I'm really fascinated with these little RC planes.

Carbon Fabric::CST-The Composites Store, Inc.
  5. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Thanks redhorse. I didn't find that site. The product appears to be cloth, where what lonestar sold was more like a card or sheet. but the thickness seems correct. I will call them tomorrow and see if the product is the same. If not, they may be able to get me closer. Thanks again. Glad you liked the build. I am looking forward to finishing it. As soon as I get some time off of work, I will install the aileron actuator, the new motor, and I purchased some scale ns spoked wheels. They should look awsome with the plane. If all goes well it won't crash, right away....:)