HELP ON STARTING MY RTR NITRO MODEL CAR

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by AMERITAIN, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMERITAIN

AMERITAIN New Member

I'M A NEW COMER TO NITRO MODELS AND I'M HAVING DIFFERCULTY STARTING MY MODEL. YESTERDAY I MANAGED TO START IT BUT IT KEPT ON STALLING, ALTHOUGH IT WOULD KEEP RUNNING IF I KEPT PUMPING THE FUEL PLUNGER, BUT NOW TODAY IT WILL NOT START AT ALL, AND KEEPS ON FLOODING.IT'S A SMARTECH RTR.OUT OF THE BOX MODEL WITH A 15CX ENGINE. I'VE TRIED TO GIVE AS MUCH INFOR. AS POSSIBLE HOPE THIS HELPS. BEARING IN MIND I'M NEW TO NITRO'S AND EAGER TO GET UP AND RUNNING IT WOULD HELP IF THERE WAS AN EASY TO READ MANUAL FOR THESE MODELS. HOPE YOU CAN HELP
    THANKS
  2. jackal575

jackal575 Member

im a noob to but i know that smartech is the worst way you can go. i just read a post which said clearly not to buy the cars. my friend has a smartech r/c heli and it #@$%ed up in a couple of weeks. good luck!
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

it probably needs some tunning. i have heard that smartech is crap and people are urging others not to buy any of there products.
  4. AMERITAIN

AMERITAIN New Member

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE IT'S PROBELY NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR AS IT'S TOO LATE TO DO MUCH ABOUT IT AT PRESENT. BUT COULD YOU PLEASE TRY AND HELP ME TUNE IT.
    THANKS
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

it sounds like u started out too lean and then went too rich, put the truck/car, watever, back to the factory settings.
  6. noidster

noidster New Member

#1 you should probably stop YELLING if you would like help. #2 always do some research before you jump into buying any nitro vehicle so you wont buy the crap that you currently have. #3 RTFM (read the f-ing manual) and get your needle valves back to default settings and go from there. If it doesn't stay running at default needle settings you should first make sure you have a fresh glow plug. All that flooding could have fouled it. Then if default settings still dont work lean the high speed by 1/4 turn and see what happens. Lean it a little more if its still not good. I would say dont lean it more than 1/2 turn total from default if you are just trying to break it in. If that doesnt work then you probably just are going to have to live with the horrible decision you made to purchase smartech.

noidster
  7. jackal575

jackal575 Member

well said *clap clap clap*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.