Help Needed

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by imavingalaughaswell, Dec 10, 2007.

  1. hi guys and gals ....

    i here to beg for some help with my project here ..

    okies here is what i need...

    i need someone who can make some paper tubes with various mitres on each end of them .. i have about 20 that need doing and i don't have the software to do them (I HAVE TRIED!!!!)

    I can supply you with pdf files with all the exact dimensions and angles,and what i need in return is a flat pattern for each part .they need to be in an editible pdf file so i can add them to my project,they don't have to be coloured or anything i just need the shapes ....

    send me a PM if ya can help..

    design is nearly at a standstill till i can get some help ....

    please please please please .. i'm begging!!!

    laterz all
  2. Jim Nunn

    Jim Nunn Member

    Take a look at

    They have a program that will draw tubes and cones with any type of joining angle. The files are exported in DFX or EPS format. Most drawing programs can import these files for editing.

    The program is shareware with no restrictions.

    Jim Nunn
  3. example

    here is a quick example of what i have to make

    Attached Files:

  4. paperbeam

    paperbeam Member

  5. paperbeam

    paperbeam Member

  6. Amazyah

    Amazyah Senior Member

    That cone program that Jim mentioned looks like its exactly what you need.

    By the way, thanks for the pointer Jim! [​IMG]
    I had never heard of this one before.
    It looks like it will come in very handy for many different things other than just modeling.

  7. thanx

    just done a test and its no good for what i need ,,, not acurrate enough

    thanx anyways
  8. sort of

    it is good for if i just need a straight tube with maybe an angle on each end .. but i need to make tubes than join to other tubes in a mitre..

    look at the pic i put up of example tube
  9. jaffro

    jaffro Long term member

    The way I see it from what I've read, and looking at you picture, is that you want to do something like a "T" join with the end of the straight upright part of the T has a curve in it to "wrap around" the "corssbar" at the top of the T.

    Did that make sense? Am I on the right track?

    I'm sure something like that could be designed and printed on paper, but I can imagine they would be pretty hard to roll just right, would it not be easier to just roll a straight tube then somehow "carve" or drill the curve out with a file or something?

    That's just my suggestion for my own understanding of what you're trying to say, so ignore it if I'm on the wrong track here. :D
  10. yep

    yep you got it .... something like how a bicycle frame is put together..

    let me see if i can find a better pic

Share This Page