help needed, with Tomcat Bunny girl

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
I downloaded a model of a figure of a girl that is dressed up to look like an F-14. After some searching I finally figured out that I needed pepakura to look at it, so i downloaded that and all was well. I go to print it today and find out that it is on larger than letter sized paper :evil: Since my printer can NOT handel anything larger than letter sized paper I need to know if there is any way that I can actually print this model. It is a really nice model so I was printing on really nice photo paper to get the proper finish and now I have one page that has the two parts at the bottom not complete. Luckily I did only print out one page and not all at once.
Anyways Just need to know if there is anyway to maybe export the pages of parts from pepakura to my imaging software to rearrange the parts so that I can actually build this model.
Thanks for listening to me whine and any help (even the negative kind) will be appreciated greatly.

Kevin

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong place let me know and ill delete and repost it where it belongs or if need be i wont mind if it is moved to its proper location. Thanks again

wunwinglow

Jan 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
www.kipperboxes.co.uk
Kevin, did you print it out at 100% size? If the image was an A4 size, you will loose some image as you described. You can either let your printer rescale the image to fit the paper you are using (Letter size) in which case you model will be a bit small (about 90% original, or thereabouts) OR get hold of some A4 paper, which should go through your printer. It is taller, but narrower. Or, get some bigger sized paper and cut it down to A4 size.

Welcome to the wacky world of standard paper sizes!

One little thing, it helps if you put more than 'HELP!' in your message subject line! Something like 'Paper size problems' will attract more attention!

Looking forward to seeing the model built, too!

Tim P

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Thanks for the info Tim!
I know better than to put something like Help! in the subject line, must have been a little frustrated when i posted this. :lol:
I will try and make a build thread as soon as i start building this thing but progress may be extremely slow as I am remodeling the kitchen and can only sneak precious little time on this obsession when the wife isnt looking :shock:

Now I am off to try and find some photo paper that is A4 size or can be cut down to A4 size!

OldSalt

Jun 23, 2005
Newport News, VA
Kevin,

A4 format will print nicely on legal-size (8.5 x 14) paper which is readily available in the USA. I'm not familiar with stock photo paper sizes so you still might have to cut that down to A4 (210mm x 297mm) as suggested.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Kevin, howdy all,

Ok, this is not something I ever see mentioned, but something I have gotten quite good at doing. A little background first. I have a website where I place people in pictures with their favorite celebrity or on magazine covers etc.
Anyway, when I come across the problem kevin has, I I create a "blank" 8" x 11" page in my photo editing program, then open the "offending file" and superimpose all the various pages of the file to the 8" x11" blanks thereby resizing everything across the board in a uniform manner. The proportions between the parts all remain the same because all of the pages are reduced to fit the 8 x 11 format. I make no other adjustments to the size of the parts, and they come out great.
Now this is also good if you enjoy "personalizing" your models with "pilots name" under the cockpit, or adding "mission decals" like little bombs, rising sun flags, swastikas, small outlines of ships etc...
Or, its great for adding nose art like those scantilly clad ladies ya used to see on the big bombers.
Anyway, this is just another way to resize the pages of a file thats to big to print.

have a good day,

greg aka gw

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Rick, thanks for renaming the topic for me. As stated before I was frustrated at the time that I posted it and just wasnt thinking straight.

GW, Your process was exactly what I was thinking of doing on this model but I can not find any way to get the images from pepakura into my imaging software.
I did make a trip to the office supply store and picked up a package of 110lb cardstock and a pack of 20 13 X 19 photo paper that can be cut to the right size sheets of paper that will fit into my printer now that I have been educated on the finer details of paper sizes (thanks to Tim and OldSalt for that ) :D
Now that the paper issue is solved all I need to know is if there is a way to get the images out of pepakura and into photoshop so i can rearange the parts and maybe recolor some of the models.
Thanks again to everyone for helping out.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy again Kevin,

Ok, well heres a little tip that I have to give to members of a chat room that I am administrator at. I cant be there all the time to monitor the room and you cant copy and paste from a java applet HOWEVER, you can make a screen shot. This also works from pepakura.

TO MAKE A SCREEN SHOT:

Bring the page you want copied on the screen....make sure you can see the entire page you want copied.
Hold down the alt button and while doing so, hit "Prt Scrn" button on your keyboard.
Then.......open your paint program, hold down the Ctrl button and hit the letter v . This will copy the entire previous screen to your paint program.
You can then trim off the undesired areas, save as a bitmap and open in your photo editing program and size it.
So lets review.
1. open page to be copied so you can see all of the desired image.
2. Hold down alt button and hit Prnt Scrn button on keyboard.
3. Open paint program, hold down ctrl and hit the letter v .

And thats all there is to it!

you can also copy like this straight to wordpad. It is great if you want a photo from the web, but the site will not allow you to save it also.

Hope this has been of some help,

Greg aka GW

Kevin G

Nov 27, 2003
Muskegon, Michigan
Screenshot. I take hundreds of screenshots in Flight Simulator every week, should have thought of that myself. It is a darn good thing I have all you guys around or I would never get anything done at all! So since you have all pretty much done it all for me so far, who is gonna come over and build the thing for me? :lol:

Now that all my problems have been solved with this model I will give you all a rest for a couple of days before I post my next group of newbie questions.
Thanks again, the help is more appreciated than you know.

Kevin

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Try this

Kevin,

Here is another way to get a copy of the parts (developement) page in Pepakura Viewer.

Look in the DevelopedViewWindow menu at the top. There is a choice to Copy Developement to Clipboard (BMP Format). Choose that. You will get a window with width, height, and scale listed. I usually click OK with the scale at 100%.

I can then open up my graphics program and paste as a new image. The parts page can then be rescaled to fit the page size needed. Colors can be changed and more details can be added too. The result can then be saved in any image format that the graphics program supports. Since the clipboard has a copy of the parts page it can probably be pasted into any graphics program. I use Paint Shop Pro.

I change the size in PSP rather than changing the values in the pop up window in Pepakura Viewer. I feel that I have more accurate control over the final product.

Try that and see if it works for you. :)
~Doug~

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Well Kevin,

Glad I could be of some assistance to ya or just put ya to thinking about stuff ya already knew lol. Sometimes we all need our memory jogged.
have a good evening,

Greg aka gw