Help Needed Please...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Alejandr0, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

This is mi first time posting here and I wish I was posting for some other reason... Here it goes.

While surfing the net I came up with the following ... (spanish)

I want to ask you if you recognize any of the models on that page (at least from the six little pictures) because it looks to me that some of them if not all of them are copyright works from somebody else and this guy in mexico (I'm from mexico too by the way) is selling them out. :evil:

Acording to his offer there are like 250+ models on a single cd, plus what he calls "all of star wars models" on another cd, plus a "surprise cd" ... I mean he has got a whole package which he is offering for about roughly 25 usd plus 8 usd for S&H. I don't know if I am overreacting, but to me it seems that if they are in fact copyright works and he is in fact making money off of them, the company who is running his "business" should be told, so that they take some kind of action to stop it.

So please let me know if you recognize any of them... Thanks.
  2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Your not over reacting. This type of thing happens all the time. Not just paper models. But it is really hard to stop this kind of act. But by putting the word out people will know not to bother with it. Well you would hope so any way. That's about all I can say.
  3. draken01

draken01 New Member

Are these stolen? Yes, very likely

Can anything be done about it? Frankly, no.

Does anyone really this guy will send them anything at all for their $25?

Best thing is to ignore him.
  4. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

The thing is that he has (to my surprise( been selling his little packages fairly welll with a lot people happy for their service and actually recomending to buy more from him..... and I know this hapens all the time but to see it so openly, on the internet, like nothing happens... I don't know but it just gets me mad.

Anyway All I did was report him on that page through a link they provide for such cases. Whatever they do, is up to them.
    Thanks for your replies.
  5. qwerty

qwerty New Member

Selling this models is a crime they are free!!!!!!
    I don't know the exact adres but the come from japan and are for free> It are good models that build good with nice fitting.
    for those who like them go to this site with free models all publishing is done with permission of the owner.

6. SteveM

SteveM Member

Wrong, Shunichi ("shun-pop") has explicitely removed his star wars models from distribution and has even asked that people not distribute them even by e-mail. You should edit your article to remove the URL of that site.