Help needed from DCC people

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rrwife, Apr 3, 2007.

1. rrwife

rrwife New Member

I just joined so I can ask advice in feeding my husband's addiction to HO

His birthday is coming up and I want to get him a DCC diesel loco. I have no clue what to buy. I was considering an Athern Big Boy, but have not read great things about it.

I don't want to spend much more (less would be nice) than that loco, as I already have hidden a steam loco (on the advice of the train store expert)and a few other things for his layoutr.

He is out for the evening so I'd like anybody who is on and has suggestions to do so tonight, if possible. If I have to order something I want to get it done so it is here for his birthday.

COMBAT Member

You want sound too or no? Steam? Road Name?
  3. CRed

CRed Member

I suggest Atlas if you just need the DCC,if you want sound there's some nice stuff out there to choose from.Atlas,Broadway Limited,Proto 2000,ect.

I've heard this is a good place to order from and they have really good prices also.

She mentions she's looking for diesel I believe COMBAT.

4. rrwife

rrwife New Member

Help needed

He likes lights and sound. Not steam, I just bought one for him. This is a Pacific Northwest layout era 40's to 70's

Thanks again
  5. CRed

CRed Member

Sooo,Northern Pacific,Great Northern and the like?

6. CRed

CRed Member

Follow this link...

They have really good deals on RSD-15's and SD40-2's,starting at $130 w/DCC & Sound.

I know there's a Southern Pacific RSD-15 and a Burlinhgton Northern SD40-2 so if they happen to have those they fit the time period and area.Atleast I think the SP served the Northwest.Call and see what they have,couldn't hurt.
  7. rrwife

rrwife New Member

Yes. His passenger is Great Northern. He is not fussy about line as long as it is consistent with the time frame and area - Washington, Oregon, etc.

This is really helpful already. I knew The Gauge would be the place to ask.