[help] Need a scan: Halinski Hurricane former A

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by popala, Mar 12, 2005.

1. popala

popala Member

I am in a desperate need of a scan of the former A from Halinski's Hurricane. I would very much appreciate it if someone would email it to modelarz74@yahoo.com. My work had to stop until I receive it :cry: Help!!!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy popala,

Its me, your neighbor, GW. First off, I am sorry, I dont have it to give to you but I would if I did have it. However, I am pretty good at finding people or peoples emails or how to get in contact with people (atleast in the US, Canada, Mexico and the UK), I have never searched out anyone from poland, but how many "Andrzej Halinski " can there be in poland. I will look and see if I can find a contact email for you, but no guarentees. But, if I can, maybe you could contact the source for the required part.
    Maybe someone will will come thru with the part you need before then though. But, and I know this is like "preaching to the choir", next time you open a model package, scan the various pages or run down to the post office and run off a copy of each page. I know they are copyrighted products, but by purchasing it, you was granted a license for personal use.
    As long as you dont resell the copy or transfer it to another individual, I would think you would be ok legally....I wont tell. But this practice is done everyday by ppl with movies, cd's etc. Back up copies. I bet right now you would even be happy with a thin, black and white copy of the part you need, you could atleast then glue it to card stock and use it.
    Anyway, sorry you are in this position, I have your email and if I can find any contact info I will forward it to you. Good luck on your search.

3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Mines in the mail. I'll scan the former if it arrives before you receive it from someone else.

Regards, Gil

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Ya know, I gotta say this is really a great bunch of guys that stick together, help each other out and enjoy sharing their hobby. There are tons of good ppl here. :D

5. Ron

Ron Member

Check your email. I sent it a few minutes ago. It's here if you missed it

All my best

6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi man

i scan it for u al so i just got the models copel of weeks ago and not start it yet

if u still need it please tell me and i send u to your mail
  7. popala

popala Member

Thank you guys! You are real life savers.
  8. popala

popala Member

Btw: GW - you are correct about the scanning. Not only it is legal if you scan it only as a backup for yourself, but I find that it is necessary. During the building process of this model, I asked someone to scan and send me a part twice already. In both cases work had to stop :(

Before I do more work on this model I am going to scan in all the still flat parts...

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Well Popala,

I am just glad the fine ppl here were able to help you out. Some places, you cant find such commaradery like that, like I said there are really some great ppl here.
    Making scans of "unstarted" projects is a good idea and another good idea, (if you are like me and "occassionally" fail to follow directions and cut out more parts than you need at one time) is to write the part number in pencil on the back of the cut out part. However, if you make scans,you can always refference them for the part numbers.
    I know the cost of the models are minimal, but the time you pit into builds especially when you get 3/4 of the way into a build and tear a part, or misglue and destroy, or spill your coffee on a parts sheet while on an all nighter, is priceless.
    People back up their computers, people make spare keys for their home and car, when you invest this much time in something it only makes sense to make a back up.
    Again, I am glad you got the required part, I got bleary eyed attempting to read polish lastnight looking up halinski lol.

Have a good day and of course we wanna see the plane when you finish it.