Help Me what to Buy

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ersatz1025, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ersatz1025

ersatz1025 New Member

hello
    Im new to RC and Ive decided to buy my first RC. Ive chosen monster truck the E-Max. My question is there any RTR electric powered monster truck that is more HARDCORE Faster and Bigger than the E-MAX?
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well im not sure if its beter than the EMAXX but the only electric rtr monster truck that can compare to the EMAXX is the Stampede. But if u have the money for the EMAXX, get it!
  3. ersatz1025

ersatz1025 New Member

Thanks for the reply really need it. hope somebody can reply also to my question.
    And also can someone tell me if the e-max has a braking system?
  4. the esc has a braking system, but no pad on the shaft or anything
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

TRUST ME ELECTRIC IS CRAP GET A NITRO YOU CAN GET A CHEAP 1 ON EBAY FOR ABOUT £150 NEVER EVEN USED CAUSE HES STOCK CLEARING WWW.EBAY.CO.UK AND IN THE SEARCH PANNEL TYPE NITRO THEN CLICK ON 60MPH BUGGY
  6. Alisar, based on your never ending questions and apparent lack of RC knowledge, I'm surprised your advising someone to buy nitro. I would stick to electric if I were you Alisar. It seems as if you are alittle over your head with nitro. As for the E-maxx, it is a VERY capable truck, big, powerful and fast. I doubt that you would be disappointed with it. Hope this helps,...
  7. Maybe alisar should go back down to elec tric b/c he can't even keep his car started
  8. Ya, I'd have to agree with you Danny.
  9. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-ersatz1025- I don't know if you've bought the e-maxx but to let you know that Kyosho has a new electric truck called the "Twin Force". If you would like to possibly get a look at it go to "www.towerhobbies.com" and the stock # is #sc1929. hope you have good luck with whatever you choose/chose.:)
  10. Ya electric is less maintnence, I stepped back down to electric, but I could keep my engine running
  11. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

electric is way cooler!!!! there relly fast!!!!! my tc3 gos 45 mph!!!there also easier to work on.
  12. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK i aggree but i Cant just go back to electric cause the 1 i got is CRAP and dont even go 15mph
  13. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

they both have their ups and downs.electric you have to charge batteries, but with nitro, they suck to have to tune,and there is a whole lot more to go wrong with them.for a begginer, the e-maxx is a goo choice. they even make the novak brushless system for the e-maxx now that is supposed to be more powerful than the 2 stock motors.and still allows you to fun 2 battery packs on the one motor.electric is the way to go for getting started, or at least buy a used nitro, so if you break it you are not out much money.
  14. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

also the stampede doesn't come close to comparing to the e-maxx. the e-maxx is way better.its 4x4 has 2 motors, and has more speed and ground clearance
  15. thekid22

thekid22 Member

any way you go you should find someone who know alot about rc's so if you have problims or any thing you can talk to them. trust me its better then just guseing and making things worse.
  16. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks i will do that and take it to a pro
  17. pike

pike Member

electric is fine and the con of chargeing can be fixed with a quick charger and a few packs #@$% 15 - 20 mins aint long compared to 4 hours or more
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.