Help Me Help Others

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by nitro_D, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro_D

nitro_D New Member

hi,
    i have a nitro v-one-s 2 and my friend saw me playing with it, and he wants to get one. but he doesn't know anything about cars. like one of those guys when u ask wats ur fav car then they say ferrari instead of something with more thought. ne way he wants a nitro and i am trying to persuade him to get an electric but hes very stubborn. i told him all the tuning and complexity and he said he likes fiddling but its more like i dont know wat im doing. and if he does fiddle he will probably do something silly like go full throttle on a break in. my other friend who wants one is sensible and is getting an electric even though he knows a decent amount about cars. can u guys please tell me some things to say to stop my friend from buying a nitro and wasting his money. by the way i dont want to help himn 24/7. i may sound mean but it would be better for him;)
  2. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

buying a nitro is not a waste of money. HOWEVER nitro requires a lot more time, money and supporting equipment. Tell your buddy that electric is a whole lot easier to run, maintain, and tune. But in the end the choice is up to him. Electric is mostly just a matter of sticking in a batt and away you go (mostly guys). Nitro is a pain in the#@$%most of the time, but the end result is worth it for some. Just my 2 cents worth
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would like to first say to tfhughes 28 that i run electric and what i do with electric requires a great deal of experience.it is not just a matter of sticking in a battery.you must be thinking of a Toys R Us toy or somthing.

nitro D:if your friend is stuck on getting into Nitro,let him.i would suggest to him to buy one from a Hobby shop RTR and have them break in the motor and explain to him what he needs to know to run it.also if he is so interested in getting into Nitro,he will probably learn about it on his own.
  4. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

Nitro D - sup bruva ... listen up tell him to choose what he wants ... i know how you feel ... you don't others to go ahead of you...plus u bin through too much to get a nitro and he comes out of the blue and says i want one...let him! in the end he'll decide either - i havn't the money or he'll get it but won't look after it. Just give him an example of one ... tell him to get one that is the same speed as yours or a little less *hehe* so u can really have a good match. 2 people on my street have Nitro RC's and now i want one (naturally i went for the one thats 10mph faster than theres :D) anywayz dnt wry about it tooo much as he probably wnt buy it...but if he does go with him and pic one thats similar to urz..kool? just my...ooohhh 236 cents of info lol! cya next itme guyzzzzz
  5. Let him buy any nitro and then make him buy the second edition of rc driver and he should at least be able to tune the engine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.