Help Identify This Tool

ScottyB

Dec 12, 2004
Mount Pleasant, WI
I have this image of a styrene/stripwood cutter on my computer and I can't seem to figure out who makes it or if anything similar is for sale anywhere? Any ideas?

chopper.jpg

Thanks,
Scott

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Wow, I haven't seen one of those in years (30+). I used to think it was Northeastern, but I'd be lying if I told you for sure, I think. I always liked that design because of the sliding action as opposed to chopping. If you do find out, make sure you post it here.

ScottyB

Dec 12, 2004
Mount Pleasant, WI
Thanks,

Yeah I know about the NWSL Chopper, I was just curious about the particular one in the picture. It seems to be able to repeatedly cut longer lengths than the Chopper perhaps??? And like zebob said, the slicing action vs. just cutting looks interesting.

The search continues...

Scott

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Yeah, Northwest. I knew it was something "north". I have one of the older chopping Choppers, but I have't seen the sweeping type in ages. The Calibre rig by Dr. ben looks to be well made, but it seems like they don't have any in stock, or they quit selling them.

Bob W

Jan 27, 2006
I happened upon this tread last week. I thought the slicing chopper looked pretty neat. Then I saw the $200.00 price, not in my budget. I thought that I could build one of those. Here is what my cobbled together chopper looks like. I still need to cut a slot in the base to mount a cutting stop for repetitive cuts. I’ll do that this weekend if I get a chance. It seems to cut pretty well. On ¼” thick pieces the blade wants to flex, but on thin stock it is fine.

Chopper1.jpg

Bob W [FL]

If it ain't broke....
Fix it till it is !