HeLp!!! how many turns can my esc handle?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by violentroadrage03, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a hobbico duratrax DTX-4 esc. I have no idea how many turns it can handle. Will someone please help me out.

thanks!
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

any speed control can handle any turn of a motor.it depends on the amount of voltage and amperage it would have to carry.(the amount of cells and the wieght of the vehicle or how much work you are asking from the motor).factory ratings and specs are just ball park figures.but if you dont even know what they are then i wouldnt go any lower than 27turn with a 6 pack battery.or a 10 turn with 2-3 cell pack battery.
    also never heard of a speed control made by both duratrax and hobbico.so i wouldnt know what the factory specs would be.
    i know duratrax makes speed controls for cars/trucks and hobbico makes them for electric plains.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

a 2-3 cell pack might be to low a # of cells for the BEC to work.so it probably wont run right but the 10 turn motor wont burn it out at that # of cells.unless the motor was locked up or somthing and all the voltage of the charged battery was delivered to the motor without it being able to spin.that would burn out any electronic speed control on the market.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.