Help getting ABS in Texas

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by OhOneWS6, Feb 23, 2005.

1. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Guest

My neighbor and I recently started drifting our RC cars. I've got an RS4-1 he has an RS4-3. We are using PVC for tires at the moment. I would like to get some ABS just because it's black. No one in DFW stocks or can get this stuff that I can find. I have tried Home Depot, Lowes, and several plumbing supply houses. No luck.

If anyone out there is willing to ship, I'll pay. I figure it's as easy as cutting a 6' pipe into 2' pieces, taping it together, and slapping a label on it.

P.S. What do the other Dallas area drifters do for tires?
  2. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

I use pvc mostly, or drift rings.....pvc has held up pretty well the only problem I have is having to clean my car after a good hard run from the pvc shearing off...

Ill check around for some leads on abs around here, I figured home depot or lowes would have some abs pipes but ive never checked to be honest...
  3. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Guest

Thanks Mike. I know what you mean about cleaning. Where do you usually take you car?
  4. 69stang

69stang Guest

i went to home depo the other day and the had all different types of pvc
  5. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Guest

Found it.
  6. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Just our of curiosity is it actuall abs, where did you find it at. Im thinking of starting a list of places people can get abs and pvc for some sort of faq.
  7. OhOneWS6

OhOneWS6 Guest

It is ABS. I got it at Camper Capitol on Forest Ln.