Help for someone who is CLUELESS on the subject

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Jeremy Hart, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

I can't really contribute much (never do) but here is a link to a restaraunt in Heber UT. They have a G scale going around their ceiling, it isn't just suspended track, they have scenery going all around too. It is very impressive.

Check out the "train" link.

2. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Per my PM to you yesterday, we will be headed back to the Railway Cafe next Tuesday (5/18). I will get the photo's then, and be back in touch with you then.

Iron Goat
  3. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

There is a Mexican Restaurant here in Fletcher , NC called Tiajuana Junction that has an O Scale train running around the cieling of the place with advertising on the boxcars for local businesses.

You friend might consider this to offset the cost of setting up this project. Have him look into selling one time adds on the cars and perhaps find some modellers to make up the cars for him with the adds, and use the money from the adds to pay for installing the trains.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Nonsense, Freelancer! You've contributed over 80 times :) Even a seemingly simple question is a contribution. If everyone knew everything, we wouldn't bother ;)
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's right Freelancer - any contribution is a great contribution!!! it'll always help sombody!! :D

And if jon didn't know everything already - we still wouldn't pay any attention to him. :) :) :) Gotcha jon!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I third what they say so the motion passes. :thumb: FRED
  7. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Well thanks guys, I appreciate that it means alot. It just seems that I am always asking questions and never really being able to give any real help. I guess it just takes time, maybe by the time I am finished with my layout I might be able to actually help someone. Thanks for the encouragement, and all the help you guys give!

8. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Attached is a photo of the overhead railroad at the Railway Cafe, that I referred to in an earlier message. Jay... I have sent yo two PM's (I have 15 photos of the interior of the Railway Cafe that I need to get to you....).

Iron Goat

Attached Files:

9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Well Freelancer
    I will 4th it as well. :wave: :wave: :wave:

10. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Here are four more shots of the interior of the Railway Cafe.... the one ceiling shot is on the dark side (it just "ate up" the small strobe on my wife's digicam)... but I think you can still get the idea of the ceiling mount.

Attached Files: