help can i lock the rear diffs in my rc18mt

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by ty923, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty923

ty923 Member

hello i just got a new rc18mt and put in a Reedy Mini-Max Modifed motor and the Reedy 1100 7.2 Ni-Mh racing pack and this thing halls #@$% but i herd that you can lock the diffs and if so how? i would only wont to lock the rear diffs and leave the front as is.can i do this.thanks for looking.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I belive is had gear diffs so take apart the rear 1 and super glue all the spider gears together maybe?
  3. ty923

ty923 Member

thanks for the input but it cant be a maybe it has to be the right way has any one tryed this before.thanks
  4. ty923

ty923 Member

i figerd it out and i lock the rear diffs and wow this thing is insane the front is still limet slip diff so it can still take sharp turns with the upgrades and locking the diff this thing is sweet.
  5. digdug72

digdug72 Member

how did you do it ty?
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

hey ty if u have an 18t then i recomend going to beat your truck.com because they have a forum just for the rc18t
  7. ty923

ty923 Member

ID Me #1

i took apart the rear diff and took the ball barring out and super glud the diff plates togeather and them put it back togeather so now the rear end is possy and the front still has the slip diff for sharp turns.
  8. digdug72

digdug72 Member

9. ty923

ty923 Member

The blocked road

thanks. with the Reedy Mini-Max Modifed motor and the Reedy 1100 7.2 Ni-Mh racing pack and the 16t spur gear this thing flys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.