Help and inspiration needed......

Abel

I've been planning and drawing up plans for quite some time now, and just when I thought I had the "ultimate" layout my computer harddrive with all my plans crashes
cry.gif
, leaving me with a blank piece of paper.
Now I can´t seem to get it right.....arrrghhh
curse.gif

The picture shows the max dimension of the layout.

My idea is a narrow gauge (mountain) logging track that connects to a standard gauge railway. The era is mid 50´s, industries = Logging camp, sawmill,a mine perhaps. A yard for changing between narrow and regular track.

Many thanks

Erik
http://www.the-gauge.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21882&stc=1

Attachments

• room.JPG
    room.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 28

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Quick question for the track designers Erik: Do you want the standard railway to have any kind of length of run or can it merely be a hidden stub track coming off the dual gauge yard to suggest its link "off layout"?

Abel

The standard railway should not have so much track that is visible, but it could have hidden track with turnaround.

Erik

Tileguy

I guess I dont understand what you want exactly.
Are we modeling a specific prototype? If So:
Which Road, Where,What Era.

Or is this going to be more Freelanced? In that case,
Do you want heavy mainline action?
Lots of switching? Branchline operation? Interchange?
What period are we talking about? What region of the country?

I think you see where this is going.
How about you Give us an Idea of what you want beyond-I need a trackplan ;)
Do you have some Locomotives you own? Which ones and what Livery :)

Abel

The main idea for my railroad is the (fictive) freelance narrow gauge ore/log railroad. Colorado style. The ore is transported directly to the fictive freelance standard gauge railroad for transport to a fictive steel mill. The logs are first transported to a sawmill (on the Layout) for processing and then the lumber are going to the standard gauge railroad for transport. It also have a small portion of passenger transport mostly from the small villages and to and from the logging camps. The standard gauge railroad is mostly a small station for passengers and a larger railyard for the loading of gods from the narrow gauge, and it should have an hidden staging track with an turnaround track. The station is not the end station for the mainline so it could have an hidden "run a round" track. I'm all new to the American-"style" railroad since I'm living in Europe, so loco's are going to be both Diesel and Steam. I would estimate the period to be around early to mid 50´s.
I hope this help.....

Many thanks

Erik