Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by UP_STEVE, Jun 28, 2003.

UP_STEVE Member

Hello everyone :) im new here, and i just thought i would say hello, im 19, from brisbane, australia and i model in N scale, and i love to take photos of the real thing when i get the chance. other interests include music and i play bass guitar

ive tried to attach a photo of some of my modeling :)

Attached Files:

2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Hello Brisbane

Welcome to the Gauge. I was just in Brisbane a few weeks ago, at the Rotary International Convention, as was Bob Collins, another member here. Too bad we didn't all know about one another and perhaps we could have gotten together.

Anyway, glad you're here, and do post more of your pictures.
  3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge. Great bunch of people here.
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Welcome Steve,,, lot`s of n scale here, have fun:D
  5. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Hey there UPS...

...it's great to have a solid bass. I'm a drummer and play guitar, bass and keys and write.

I love model railroading in N too.

Welcome aboard to the kewlest BB for trains. No borders, no bounds (excepting when I get in a huff:p on account of my nature:D ).

Genius and experience abounds here.

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge Steve! :)
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Welcome Steve, glad to see another N scaler from down under aboard.:)

8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Welcome aboard, Steve!
    Always nice to have another "Aussie" on board...& an N scaler to boot!:cool:

Wow, I didn't realize we had these other musicians around here...I earned my keep that way in a past life...(I still have an old Fender P-bass down in the basement somewhere :) )...then my wife & I took that really short exit ramp that goes from "hell-raising" directly into child-raising!:D :eek: :D
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Welcome Home Steve,
    Always good to have another N Scaler aboard
    (use to earn my keep some time ago also playing bass)
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
  10. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome...even if you are an N scaler, we HO folks still will hang with you.
  11. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

Welcome steve sure you will like it here great group of guys and gals here and would love to see more of your work there:D :D :D :D Rich
  12. UP_STEVE

UP_STEVE Member

:) thanks for the welcome everyone! im sure i will realy like it here.
    Charlie, i play a fender P-bass copy :D not the real thing but i cant afford the real thing at the moment lol. plus it sounds good anyway.
    its good to know there are other musical people around here too :) ive been known to play drums on occasion too, but not very well :D

i will make a post with some of my layout photos and details etc in the N scale section.
  13. brakie

brakie Active Member

Welcome UP Steve..Glad you join us..:D
  14. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hey Steve,
    Not only welcome aboard, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:D
  15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge, Steve!

Hehe, because I watched the Formula 1 Grand Prix Charlie just has beaten me to it, but I'm coming in on second place:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - and a very round one, too! :) :) :)

All the best for your future, and many happy hours both with railroading and playing bass guitar!
    (I also used to sing and play guitar in earlier times, when I still was young and pretty :D :D :D)

16. jlg759

jlg759 Member

Welcome Steve

Welcome I just joined a few weeks ago myself and so far it's been great !!!
  17. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Oh yeah...

...because it's your BD- here's a greeting that I'd like to extend on account of your great bass playing and the fact that you're a model railroader as well as an N-gauging sorta person, from Austalia.

:p :eek: :)

Mark :cool:

Attached Files:

• sbd.gif
      File size:
      7.6 KB
  18. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hey Steve,
    Glad you could join us! Happy Birthday to you!
  19. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Welcome Steve always glad to welcome anyone who lives South of the Equator.... even if you guys beat us at Rugby!!!!
  20. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Hi Steve. :)

Well, hoopdee doo and loodee lah! You're just up the road. :)

I'm down in Lismore (NSW). Don't have a layout at the mo. It sorta got washed away, a week before I moved up from Sydney. (Burst washing machine hose flooded the house while I was away).

But I've still got a website of it here

I'll be in Brissie mid August for the Swannies V Brissie footy at the Gabba. :) CAR'N SWANNIES! :)

Good to see more local representation on The Gauge. :D