Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by rel, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rel

rel New Member

My name is Richard. I'm a commercial artist and stone sculptor, which was until recently my primary trade, but I'm now focusing on model building and will soon be taking a job with a well known special effects house; which is like a dream come true for me.

I would like to post some of my stuff but I'm not sure where to put it, is there a physical modeling section?

2. Mohawk

Mohawk New Member

Hi what kind of sculptors do you make? What sort of special effects are you going to do? There isa guy in the Extended mediums for PaperMOdels Forum here that says he works with a lot of physical models but I only really see picks of one model from STar Trek. It needs work done to it to make it look better though. Some of the detail doesnt look right to me.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm sure you might be talking about me.... Maybe? Actually I have a couple of kits in the works, Paper to Plastic build-ups. I've also shown some of my other works, you might want to check out the entire thread, if that's what you mean. I also refer back to the original thread and there's a nice Daedalus in there, as well. As far as accuracy of the Enterprise, I assure you it's accurate. I've shown pictures of the parts right next to the blueprints and next to other versions of the ship. Trust me, it's far more accurate than many of the models made by "Professional" kit producers such as AMT. AMT had all of the reference material for the original series model and even made the shuttlecraft for the series, as well as other ships, but still they got the details wrong on the 18", 22" and virtually every other version of every ship they made. Considering my hand made parts were comparable to the $1200 to 2000 Master Replica, I think I did a pretty good job, considering that I handcrafted each part.:thumb: You can't please everyone though. Some one will find fault with a pot of gold. LOL BTW, it's still a work in progress. :mrgreen:
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome - There is an extended mediums section. If you plan on posting there please find some way to relate your build to paper.
  5. rel

rel New Member

Cool I think I can do that, I used paper templates for the scribing on one of them.

Thank you for the welcome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.