Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by cgutzmer, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hello everyone, Looks like quite the nice site you have going here! I suppose in your standards I am quite the newbie.
    I have put together several free models I found online.
    6 airplanes
    a couple of rockets,
    4 cars
    5 various star wars models
    a robot
    and two tanks
    some misc stuff like an orange construction barrels
    and a boat (I hated that it turned out terrible)
    I also made sleeping beauties castles for my kids who have been playing with it for about 6 months now - its holding up fairly well for a 6 and 2 year olds abuse!

I like the planes the best I think, mostly wwII models (and the tank) but also a stealth fighter.

I am really looking forward to your tips/techniques section. I have made several but my quality is nowhere near those I have seen here.

I typically print directly to 90-110 weight paper on my ink jet printer then make the model out of that. I have not tried using heavier card stock because I already find I have problems rolling tubes pencil sized or smaller (and those can be a pain too) I hope to find some tips for rolling those up somewhere here! My favorite tip so far is the watercolor pencils for edging. I have been using a sharpie and I really don't like the black lines all over the models and the other colors don't match up that well or just look too darn bright.

In any case I probably have rambled too much for a hello type message. I will post this and I am sure a plethora of other questions soon!
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome Home! hehehe

You will find a plethora of answers here also my friend! and all with a joyful smile to boot!
    This is a great forum and the people here are outstanding and helpful with any question you may have, so bring 'em on and most of all, have fun!

See you around the forum,
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks! I have already learned a ton :) I enjoy the research almost as much as the building (especially lucky given my limited amount of play time)
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

sorry I'm late cgutzmer, my computer is fixed now so I can play some more.
    Welcome, don't be shy, and post lots of pics of your work, and don't be too critical of your work...remember it is supposed to be FUN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.