Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Dean867, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean867

Dean867 New Member

Hi everyone, been cruising this site for a few months now but have yet to introduce myself, how rude! I am totally new to card modelling, been doing plastics for many years but like others am tired of paying high prices for small kits. Don't know where I stumbled onto card models but was impressed by the quality and affordablility, not to mention the sheer number of subjects available. A real plus is the availability of electronic transfer when you are not near a hobby shop, like me. I have been collecting kits now, just waiting for a break in work to actually do some building. Anyhow, back to work, Cheers! :smile:
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Let me be the first to officially welcome you here [​IMG]
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hi Dean867,

I too welcome you!!! Card models are not only affordable, not to mention the tens of thousands you can download free online, but you will be surprised at the visual quality of the finished product. As a "former" plastic modeler who hates painting, I will say, "card modeling is by far superior to plastic".
    but this is only MY opinion...

Here are a couple links to free models...

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Welcome to the group, Dean. When you get deeper into card models, the advantages over plastic will really become apparent. Don't care for the scale of a kit? Just plop it in the old image processor and make it any size you want. Watch out the design bug doesn't bite....that becomes an addiction.
  5. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Welcome aboard. I think you will find card modeling quite I nice challenge. There is a wealth of knowledge to be cultivated from this site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.