Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by DN, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DN

DN Member

Hi all. :D
    My name is Roman and I'm the guilty party behind Digital Navy creations.
    Got invited by Barry, and could not refuse.
  2. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

It's great to have you on board Roman. Your designs are dicussed quite frequently in these forums. It will be excellent to get your input.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

Welcome Roman!,
    Your web page is more than professionally
    and here is the best forum of the world

With the best greetings
  4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Roman

It's great to have you around, your designs are excellent and the input will be of great value to all here.

5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Stand to attention, you scruffy lot!! Designer on the bridge!!

Seriously, Roman it is great to have you on board. I know LOADS of people have started out in this hobby after trying your generous trial models. We owe you a great debt! I hope they all bought a full model from you as a result; I know I did! (P26 by the way..)

Tim P
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome Roman!

Incredible but it appears that this site is becomng the Holy Grail of Card Modeling...,

Best regards, Gil
  7. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

welcome roman !

It is a pleasure for me :D to be a member of the a group with a talented designer (among all the other talented designers :oops: )

cheers from austria
  8. Bikerpete

Bikerpete Member

Excellent! Welcome Roman. I've admired your designs for a while now. One day I hope to build one of your masterpeices.

9. cardfan

cardfan Member

Hi Roman, glad to see you here! Love all of your designs! I will even have some questions for you if you don't mind.

10. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

We are not worthy, we are not worthy... :D
    Welcome aboard, Roman!
    I have also admired your work for a while now, and plan on building one of your gems in the near future.
  11. Ron

Ron Member

I am truly humbled. Welcome to Cardmodels Roman!
    Now...down to the meat of it....when's your next aircraft coming out? (I have to ask, you understand :))

12. DN

DN Member

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.
    I understand that this is my short "honeymoon" on the list and than you'll shred me to pieces - oh well, that's how it goes :lol:
    Ron - a new airplane, sometime, one day ... :oops:
  13. Corporal_Trim

Corporal_Trim Member

Great to have you here ! Your V-108 was my first real card model and was a fine introduction for me to this hobby. :)
  14. gwssms

gwssms Member

Welcome Roman! I have your Oregon and have been lusting for the Oslabya since it appeared recently. Just out of curiosity, which of the two of those ships would you say is the easier to construct, particularly the hull? I am somewhat of a neophyte with ships.
  15. DN

DN Member

The Oregon is simpler, I think. Especially above water -no casemates, no bulwarks, itd. But it is a small difference, both ships are buildable, I hope. :?
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

I have a general question regarding resources. As a resource do you use "Anatomy of a ship" in the design of your ships? Also what software do you use to design your models. If you consider this confidential information don't answer....,

Best regards, Gil
  17. Ajax

Ajax Member

Welcome to the board, Roman! :D

I too am a great admirer of the models you have designed and am hoping to get started on one in the near future.

18. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

Welcome aboard, Roman. You enjoy somewhat of a celebrity status here. To your credit, I often see references in forum posts to your willing personal assistance with builds of your exceptional models.
  19. DN

DN Member

Gil - All my Japanese ships were based on Skulski's books in the Anatomy series. The rest were based on various sources. As for the software, as a structural engineer I have access to AutoCad, and that's the design program I use. I use Photoshop to apply colors.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.