Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Criz, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Criz

Criz New Member

Hi all! :D
    Im a new guy here.
    Ive owned a few R/C's before but none to particulary shout about or drift. Now ive decided to buy a decent RC to drift, any suggestions? Ive heard about HPI's and Tamiyas, but any suggestions would be welcome.

2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Hello Criz! Welcome to the fourms!

Any touring car works good for drifting. Most people do like to use the HPI Pro series, (Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3, Pro 4) or Tamiya TL-01. Probly because they are a little easyer on the wallet. If i were to recomend a car, id say do a E-Bay sear for HPI Pro. And buy the cheapest RTR you can find.
  3. Criz

Criz New Member

Hi SpArKeY_STi.

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I have been checking out eBay and Tamiya's, but just looking around at the moment. (Dont think I have enough money yet! :wink: )
    If I need any tips i'll be sure to post here.
  4. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Member

Hi Criz, good to see more English interested in RC Drifting.

What have you got @ the mo?

There's also a million + 1 TC3's for sale (great drifter)

I prefer my old Losi Street Weapon over my TC3 as a Drifter though!
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Hehe... nice Avatar.

Anyway, ya, TC3's are great. Thats what i use now. However, i seem to see TC3's go for more money the Pro 2's and 3's or TL-01's.

Losi street weapon? Never heard of it... Besides losis poo! The all break to much...
  6. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Member

I have a pro 2. I really like it. it is also very easy to work on. way easier than tamiya cars. They are also relatively cheap.

you should also check out the HPI Sport 2, it is almost the same as the pro 2(parts are interchangeable) but cheaper and less exotic. check em out on HPIs web page and then look on E-bay when you make your decision
  7. Criz

Criz New Member

Thanks for the welcome and tips. :)
  8. Nick S.

Nick S. Member

Hey Criz,
    How are you? I am fine. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay and fallow the rules.
  9. Criz

Criz New Member

Hi Nick.
    Im fine thanks. 8)

I will follow the rules, as being a moderator on the Banzai Magazine (UK Tuning magazine) website has helped me in that area :wink:
  10. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Member

hey do you have a link to a site with more avatars like that????????????

oh yeah welcome to the site :D
  11. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Member

Banzai is a niiicceee mag, glad to have you aboard..
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Is there a way to import that mag into the US cheaply? Do they do international subscritions?
  13. Criz

Criz New Member

14. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Member

:shock: It was Losi's 1st tourer, it's about 6 years old, and poo? it don't break anywhere near as much as the TC3 dude (rear belt was iffy tho' until Mr. Dremmel attacked the belt tunnel :twisted: )
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

So... id rather have a Pro 4 over anything. And the first Losi Buggy vs the First and or Second AE B... I droped my Losi on accident from 4 feet... snaped the chassis and a a arm. I droped my AE from 6 feet, and it lost a E clip...

As for TC's, i drove my TC3 full speed with a 19T Chameleon into a curb. Nothing but a scratch. My friend drove his XXX-S at half speed with a Stocker, bused the bumper mount, and servo mount...

Every Losi me and or my friends have owned have Broken more then my AE ever will...
  16. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Member

Associated always made em bulletproof, my fave manufacturer.

I didn't say Losi were the best, just that my old LSW seems better for Drifting, maybe it's my setup.

How's your TC3 setup?
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

I dont set it up... just whatever the set up for it at the momvent i want to dirft is, i use that. I need a better motor first tho...
  18. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Member

Do you race too, you know, rubber tyres/circuit racing rather than sideways like you like best.

I tell you what, in the short time I've been Drifting (a couple of weeks) I have to say that my driving skills have improved, getting out of shape holds no fears now.

I think you get stuck in a mental frame of mind and if something isn't right you panic and make mistakes, and I say that with 28 years experience.

It's no wonder Masami is the best RC driver of all time, he tries to be the best at everything on wheels, he's my hero (followed by Spash).

I may be waffling now (red wines starting to have an effect :lol: ) but I really like the way you post, your attitude and your site. I had to do my bit for RC Drifting and started rc-drift, have you had a skeet dude?
  19. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Member

Well, i dont really race yet. Tommarow is going to be my first one, however its REALLY clowdy and i bet it will rain. As for the question "Well, why didnt you race before?" is that i never knew there was rc racing. There arnt any clubs... its just we set up sunday and its over...

Hehe... I like Atsushi Hara...

Are you talking to me about my posts? If so, thx. But this isnt my site...

Yups... iv been there. It was awhile back from when i went on the fourms, but i didnt like the attitude some of the people gave me so i left. I still go there once and awhile to look at the pics and what not.
  20. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Member

I've raced in pouring rain all afternoon in the middle of winter under floodlights in the mud (buggy racing) and we had to get the hosepipe out after each race to clean the cars for the next race....I loved it, the sound of the rain is so cool.

I miss that scene, the RC Car club closed 3 years ago over here (Island is only 30x15 miles big).

Still, onwards/upwards.