Hello

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to say hello, I've been posting already but thought I would let you know
about my train background. My grandfather was a fireman on the LMS in England
and I have been a train lover all my adult life. My husband and I have been on many trains
across the US and have been to many model train shows also. We live in a train town and have a scanner going most of the time. We can see the trains from our front window.
And one day when we have the room we willget a model train set.Also big bluegrass fans and they always play train songs at the festivals. :wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks for telling us about yourself Straycat! Trains are in your blood it seems! Yep, bluegrass an railroading sure go together! Glad you could join us here.
Ralph

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Welcome to The Gauge, Straycat. I think it would be great to watch trains from your front window. Do you get both freight and passanger trains going by?

Loren

Straycat

Apr 18, 2007
Missouri
www.myspace.com
Thanks everyone, the trains go east to west mostly, St. Louis to Kansas City. UP and NS
freight with Amtrak going both ways. We have a mini yard where the trains go on a siding to let Amtrak go by. Some nights it's so quiet you swear the trains are going by your front door. We love it. :thumb: