Hello

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome aboard Jeremy! I'm a frequent reader, rare poster at Atlas so I do recognise your name. Say, your location as "Central Iowa" reminds me that I lived briefly in Marshalltown 22 years ago where there was great CNW rail to see.
It wouldn't surprise me to see more Alas folks show up. We had a recent forum upgrade here that left us w/o our usual digs for a few days and many of us needed a place to go then. Glad to return the favor.
Ralph

jubylives

Jun 4, 2004
Central Iowa
www.railimages.com
jon-monon said:
:wave: Welcome aboard :wave:

My family came from Iowa, mostely Ames area.

I live in Boone only 20 miles from there. I was born in Ames so I am not "from" Boone:rolleyes: . Yes I remeber the CNW days. Now all I see is UP yellow. That's why I model what I do. It's a kinda freelanced railroad that took over the UP. Thanks for the welcome.

Jeremy

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Jeremy!
Amybody here I know?
No, Jeremy, I don't know you (yet)! But just the same - welcome here in our circle! Anybody is welcome when he introduces himself in such a likeable way like you did. :) :) :)

And we'll surely get to know each other, just like I made a bunch of true friends here at the Gauge. Be assured, you hit one of the greatest forums anywhere on the WWW! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ron

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
I see alot of folks over here from the Atlas forum, hope that more come - a bit more mellow and forgiving here.

DOG

"A kinder and more gentle dog"

Attachments

• Sky 3.jpg
    Sky 3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 139

Silicon

Jul 7, 2003
www.sr.boche.net
Hey, Jeremy! Increase the count of people you know here by one. :D

Dog, Cid, it's good to see you guys here as well. :thumb:

I'm just curious why Atlas didn't give us (or at least me :p ) any notice that they were starting their "summer vacation" early? :confused:

atsfman said:
We are beginning to look like emmigrants washing up on the shore from the Atlas ocean. Looks like a good peaceful shore to be on.

Bob
The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame,
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus, New York City, 1883

DougF

Jun 10, 2004
Southeast Michigan
Jeremy:

About ten years ago Boone advertised for someone to open a hobby shop in town. I was out there three of for times but couldn't put the package together. Did you get a good shop? I hope so as it seemed to be a nice, friendly town.

Another from Atlas.

Doug

jubylives

Jun 4, 2004
Central Iowa
www.railimages.com
DougF said:
Jeremy:

About ten years ago Boone advertised for someone to open a hobby shop in town. I was out there three of for times but couldn't put the package together. Did you get a good shop? I hope so as it seemed to be a nice, friendly town.

Another from Atlas.

Doug
I've only lived here for 8 years but there is a hobby shop here. It's Boone Hobbies and it's down town on Story street. It's a big shop with lots of stuff. He don't have much in HO engines but a butt load of rolling stock. It's worth a stop if you are in the area. Just don't strike up a conversation with Mike the store owner, you'll never get out.:rolleyes: :D

Jeremy