Hello to all

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Fritz, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fritz

Fritz New Member

I have just gotten reinterested in model railroading after about a 25 year break. I can thank my Thomas the Train fanatic grandson for that. When I was a kid my brother and I had an elaborate Lionel 0/027 gauge lay out, and that's what I have now. I been trying to figure out a place for a decent lay out, and may actually convince my wife that adding a room to an already huge garage would mean that I'd have trains up, and she would see her grandsons more. It's a shamless ploy, but all's fair in love and 0 gauge layouts I guess. Right now I'm still at the point of repairing and cleaning rolling stock that had been in the attic for years. I've also gotten interested in repairing and restoring post war steam engines. I hope to meet folks with a common O gauge railroading interest, and also to get technical tips from people who have been involved in the hobby far more than I have.
  2. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

Welcome, you are sure to get more info then you ever dreamed of here.
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge...looking forward to pictures of your beasties as you ready them.
  4. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge. There seem to be quite a bunch of Lionel, O gauge, three rail devotee's here.
  5. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

:welcome1: Fritz.

What part of the country do you live in? Is there a local club or train museum for you to visit? The O gauge hobby has change alot in the past 25 years, all for the GOOD! :thumb:
  6. kpolak

kpolak Member

Welcome Fritz!

7. Brutus

Brutus Member

Welcome, Fritz! Good luck with the trainroom! You need to pick up the Thomas set from Lionel (can often buy on ebay without the extra track and transformer for about 1/2 price). It will run great on O27 track!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.