Hello there

Zubie

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place. I go by zubie and those that participate over at starship modeler may recognize me. I've been meaning to join for quite a while now, and finally gotten around to do it. I particularly like the bit of international flavor around here. At any rate I've been building models since I was a kid, and lately tend to focus more on the sci-fi end of things. I've been working with paper models for a few years now and designing and building my own designs for quite a while now. I use Blender and the paper model script developed for it to generate my parts, and Gimp to paint them in (yes, I'm very cheap). I've got a blog site at blogspot, constantvariation.blogspot.com where I've posted a few downloads as well as a few of my experiences with Blender as a modeling tool, although follow the Zizzerz 'n Mizzilz page link to get at the relevant articles faster.
I've got other stuff in the hardrive, but I really need to finish some first before I start new ones (me bad).
TTFN
Zubie
-------
ps. the avatar is of course the HHGTTG "thing" along with a yellow car and lemon to reflect love of BBC radio...now where's that "submit" button....hmm create thread?

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Zubie,

Welcome to Zealot. Yes, you have put this in the right place! thumbsup
Speaking about the "RIGHT PLACE", you are in it. We have many people who are into SCI-FI (myself included). We also have many designers here as well (there are quite a few of them who use both Blender and Gimp). So, hopefully, you will feel right at home here.

If you have photos of your work, please post them (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS)!

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome to aboard. I hope that you enjoy your self here. I am looking forward to seeing your work.

OH, by the way, Do not forget your towel!!!;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A new sci-fi fan - GREAT! Rhaven and I are HUGE fans of Galactica and Buck. Welcome aboard! I use Gimp a lot, too, so no need to apologize for "being cheap"! ;)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome Zubie, if you're into Sci-Fi, you have found a great Sci-Fi forum. Many designers, models, and sharing going on here. ;)