Hello there!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by The Terminator, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Terminator

The Terminator New Member

Hi, i joined this forum soon after discovering it!

I've recently decided to start making card models again, from a very young age i designed and built my own models, mostly fictional military units for homemade wargame rules (i didn't have enough money to afford expensive minatures!)....i built a wide range of armour, aircraft, spacecraft and ships.
    I ended up going into more and more detail with the models, whilst remaining relatively small scale.
    Sadly, none of the models exist anymore :cry:

My fingers are about twice the size they were back then but i hope i can still display some dexterity!
    I don't wargame anymore but i enjoy making models, i have a wide interest but i particularly enjoy military vehicles.

With the internet the posibilities are much greater for me now, i'm experienced with photoshop and armed with a printer i hope to create much more proffesional models now, i will build a few kits as that will be a new experience for me!

Sorry for waffling :grin:
  2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your models. I enjoy military vehicles also, so I anxiously await seeing some pics!
  3. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Hello terminator, glad your on board. Lokk forward to your imput and seeing what you make. Have fun.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold terminator. Tons of military freebies out there :) built anything at all recently?
  5. The Terminator

Not built a card model for years, i'm thinking i might try a relatively simple ww2 armour model, a 1/35 PzKpfw II would be lovely but anything really.
    If anyone post a link to a decent pattern i would be most thankfull :) ....i have a colour A4 max printer.
  6. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

This is a great forum for card models - Rich
  7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Theres a PT76 here http://papertigerarmaments.com/PT76.html and if you do a search of the forums you'll find a link to a Stuart tank in 1:25, bit complex for a beginner but If you just take it piece by piece it'll be easy. NOBI has a Cromwell (1:25?) at his site (http://www.thaipaperwork.com/) If you search my posts you'll find where I scaled it to 1/72.
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

9. charliec

charliec Active Member

10. The Terminator

Thanks guys!

That 1:25 t-26 is very tempting.
  11. charliec

charliec Active Member

The frame on this model is a bit weak - it goes together ok but you run into problems with the suspension attachment. I've been tempted to redesign the frame as a box type to give more rigidity to the frame. There are some minor fit issues around the back of the turret.

12. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome...we don't get many T-800's here. I'm almost sure there are several T-1000's...but I am not at liberty to divulge any more information.

Hey, how about a cardmodel of your avatar? It is a paper model book of the T-800 Endoskeleton
    I think the book is sold out...but, we can drool can't we?
  13. The Terminator

Hehe, i had an hour spare so i decided to design and build a mkIV tank from memory, just practicing cutting and folding......managed to get this far in the hour, just missed making the gun sponsons.

I havn't folded card for years!
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

pretty darn good! You building in the dark just to make it more challenging? :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.