1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Hello there ! Introduction from France ^^

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thyrrus, Apr 13, 2012.

1. thyrrus

thyrrus Member

Bonjour a tous !!

New here, i found this forum looking on the net for a Normandy SR2 Papercraft.

I'm a beginner in papercraft, but i've been doing lots of Gundam models kit (i'll post some pictures) and still have lots to do (like 1/60 PG Strike Freedom).

I've done a few papercraft already (all sci-fi related) like Viper MKII, Tie Defender, AT-AT, M8 Avenger Rifle and my favorite : Harlock's Arcadia (i'll post pictures too).

I'd like to try and create a model too, the one i'd like to make being the Fury starship (sith inquisitor/warrior) from the MMORPG Star Wars : The Old Republic. So i'll welcome any help/advice/tuto. Note that i'm a total noob in 3D designing :p, but i do a lot of drawing, mostly tattoo and in my young mangas :p

As for Myself i have moderate freetime for all my hobbys since i'm working as a prison warden in France.

Feel free to ask anything, i'll try to answer it ^^

Thyrrus.

P.S : Actual project is a UT-47 Kodiak Drop Shuttle, Next one the Normandy SR1 (yeah i'm a lot in Mass effect now :p)
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I worked for the Federal Bureau of Prisons in America!! Paper modeling would have been a great hobby for the prisoners. They all seemed to have knives and scissors already! :)

:welcome1: to the forum!
  3. Vince

Vince Member

Hello, and welcome. Hats off to both of you, working in a prison is something I NEVER wanted to do.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Me neither! There was one benefit though. I ended up in the Aerospace industry and I was hired ahead of 600 people for a job at Sikorsky Aircraft because of my high security clearance.

It has followed me around. That was in 1983, and 2 years ago, the F.B.I. interviewed me about a neighbor of mine. The guy was actually a friend of mine. I told him afterwards and he said to me. "I thought the would chose you because when I moved into this house, your name popped up!" He works for Homeland Security, and now trains agents in anti terrorism techniques. I of course gave him the glowing recommendation he deserved. They sat and talked with me for one and a half hours! They don't mess around.
  5. thyrrus

thyrrus Member

Of course it's not like it was a dream to work in a prison for me too, but nowadays, in France, it's one of the few work sector where i don't risk to lose my job lol

Ah one of my future project (and i mean when i'll have the space to put it) is to built an Optimus Prime Papercraft i found on paper-replika.com. But it's quite huge ^^ like only for the printing about 250 sheets. when finished i think it's like above 1 meter tall.
  6. bunuel66

bunuel66 New Member

Hello from France

Bonjour to a fellow citizen. I'm working for an aerospace company. Allways pleased to see our hobby being spread all over the society.

Regards.