hello paper world

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by lunarhighway, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

Hi everyone!

my real name is Jan Legrand, i'm from Belgium and i was born on the first of september 1981.
    i graduated last year as an animationfilmmaker, and now i'm about to start a 6 month webdesign course.

i've made paper models ever since i was a kid, mostly designing my own cars and airplanes (using my freshly accired math skills), but later as i got a little older i went on to plastic models. after a brake from modeling for a few years i discovered the wonderfull worlds of paper modeling, and when i found i could use my graphic skills and software to design virtually any plane that was still missing in my collection with an equal level of detail for a fraction of the price...i was hooked:). i build mostly 1/72 scale planes from the 20's till the 50's...

curently i'm working on some designs wich i hope to be able to share with others modelers one day

happy modeling everyone!
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Welcome back to the world of paper models.

If you want to share your designs with the rest of the world, this the right place.
    I'm mostly into Japanese planes from ww2, so if you have any in your portfolio, I'm interested :D
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hallo Jan,

Welcome back to cardmodeling..., we forgive the plastic thing, it happens. Degree in animation/filmmaking taking courses in web design now making card models once again...., hmmmmm sounds like a great pedigree for this place.

Welcome aboard, Gil
  4. mapuc

mapuc Member

what about wood?

5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Highway,

Glad to see u here, im very impressive with your design what u use metaseq + pepakura (same with me) look forward to see your deisgn closely especially your Fairy Firefly what u show at papermodeling@MSNGroup, also thank you very much again for your logo...

Welcome on board :p
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Wood is paper in its raw, unprocessed state.

7. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

thanx everyone i feel very welcome here :)

so far i haven't done any japanese designs yet, but i've been thinking about one of these cool floatplane figters...i generally like planes that are a little different, and a bit obscure so sugestions are always welcome :)

apart from a lot of recoloring/modifying other models, these are the planes i've designed 100% myself:

polikarpov po2 wheeled & floatplane version*
    stampe-vertongen sv4
    chilton dw1.1
    jodel d9 bébé
    miles falcon**
    bf 108 **
    fairey firefly IIm**

* means that i lost the original files due to computer crach+neglecting to back up on cd :( i especially miss the yak 50...i hope to rebuild that one some day. so only the build up models remain
    ** means that altough i've build them and i'm not working on them anymore there where problems with some parts i should fix before i considder them done.

as for wood i've only tried that once, a long time ago, in an attempt to scratchbuild the dh88 comet racer from balsa wood... but it never became more than the general shape...yet i might try the same plane in card once...
    i'll try to make some instructions for some of my models if i can find the time so whoever likes them could try them out...could be a while tough, as i'm always doing to many things at the same time :|
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Welcome! The Chilton and the Jodel seems like wonderful contributions. Whenever it is convenient for you, I for one would very much like to have a peek at them. No rush though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.