Hello. Newbie here.

dschmohe

Hello, everyone.

I'm from the middle of nowhere (middle of Illinois) and always looking for something new and interesting to do/build.

I used to put plastic models together when I was a kid, everything from Nascar to helicopters and jets to Star Trek. I even went to my mom's house recently and got all my old Star Trek stuff out of the boxes they were in and brought them home, much to my wife's annoyance. There are a few models I never even opened the shrink-wrap on!

Now, I'm very interested in paper models. I am pretty new to it, I've only assembled a few models so far. I made a small-scale weapon from World of Warcraft and a warlock tier set helm from the same game that was full-sized and you can wear. For some reason, though, the Star Trek bug has bit me hard and I'm planning on building some ships (or a lot!) and going to try to scale them to my 1/2500 models.

Looking forward to learning a lot about this hobby from this forum and the people here!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for both Star Trek and Sci-Fi in general. There are many members here who are GREATLY into both and are willing to give you help and advice.
There are also many members here who started out in plastic and switched to paper (for many different reasons). If you have any questions, comment, concern, or need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction.

If you have photos of any of your work, please post them. We love to see photos!!!

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

dschmohe

Here are some pics of what I have done. I made them about a year ago and have a full-size version of Arthas's (the Lich King) sword from World of Warcraft but very little has been assembled on it.

The small axe is in a box somewhere around here and the helm has, unfortunately, been destroyed. It was very large and had it sitting on top of my printer desk and it just sort of collapsed over time because I got called back to work and didn't have the time to finish it. I'd like to try it with the heavier paper that I have now, though.

Attachments

• DK axe 1.jpg
    DK axe 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DK axe 2.jpg
    DK axe 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Hood of the Malefic - WiP - 5-8-2012.jpg
    Hood of the Malefic - WiP - 5-8-2012.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 11

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your not in the middle of nowhere, that's somewhere in Oklahoma. I was there once but could not find it again!! :) Welcome to the forum, and please post some pictures. :)

Rogerio Silva

I'm not a "connaisseur" of American geography, but I've heard many Americans saying that the place you were referring to is in Arkansas, although I FULLY DISAGREE. The middle of nowhere, to me, would be somewhere else...
But the important thing is: you couldn't find a better for this hobby, because, as Rhaven Blaack wrote, everyone here wants you to succeed in whichever hobby in sign in. The best thing about this place is that it has a great ambience, for ZEALOT is special because WE make it so! Welcome!!!