Hello need a track plan

zachary

Hello all i was wondering if anyone could help me with a trackplan.

the size is 10 feet wide by 12 feet long

around the room industries cement plant caterpiler dealer and a dewalt tool plant

plus i would like a turntable and roundhouse

28 inch radius 30 if possible

two mainlines roadname cnw and up

time frame 60s to modern thanyou zacharyftrain97

UKSteam

Hi Zachary. I'll give it some thought too. Give us something more to go on though as to the operations you want to achieve ?
Length of train you want to operate ? Medium passenger or long freight trains ?
Emphasis on industries ? Shunting switching ? Terminal yards ? Through yards ?
Single or double track (you stated two mainlines in the original post) looped ? or end to end ?
One level or mountainous / hilly split level ?
Viewed from all sides ? Or is it viewed from two sides within the room ?
And are you intending to use flex track and switches, or set track ? Which manufacturer's track will you be using ?
Regards UKSteam.

Triplex

30" radius in 10'x12' essentially requires a doughnut with duckunder, lift bridge or swinging gate. You don't have enough room even in the 12' dimension to get two turnback loops side by side with a space in the middle.

HOtrainman

can someone give me a site for a free download for this software

I currently have the atlas stuff, but it doesnt go to a 10' x 12'

if it does, tell me how plztrain97

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
HOtrainman go into the track planning for the future and go to the sticky that says XTRCKcad has moved and there you will find a link to download xtrkcad which is free and great!

Nomad

Hotrainman, I also recomend Xtrk. Using flex track in Xtrk is easy, rts70 is almost impossible. But you will initially have the same problem.
in either program, go to options, layout, and input the size of your room. Then draw your tables inside you room.

Loren

Triplex

triplex since i cant get 30 inch what is the bigest i can get thanks zachary
I assume this means the entrance options I mentioned are not acceptable. In that case, you're looking at a U-shaped layout. With 12' width and a minimal 2' for the center aisle, you have 5' wide benchwork on each side, allowing 28" radius on an outer track. To get two mainlines, passing tracks, or anything else, you'll need a smaller minimum. If the center space needs to fit more than one operator at any time, it should be wider, again reducing the radius.

robert6936

I ran across this website by accident, I also looking for weeks for a track plan 6x16 and found one on this site www. trainplayer.com there is hundreds of track plans and most of them you can download I hope this helpswww.trainplayer.com