Hello, my name is John.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jwhite, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwhite

jwhite New Member

This is my first attempt to join a forum, and I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. A friend of mine got me started in making paper airplane models, and we have developed a web site to sell really cool paper model airplanes. I have been surprised at the quality and strength of these models.
    It has been a great experience, but I am learning more every day. Most everyone who sees these models is surprised, but I think not many people know about these kinds of models.
    My wife and I fly a J3 cub (its hers) and take aerial photos around where we live. She is a terrific photographer and it is great fun to tool around the sky at low altitude and just look.
  2. possm_23

possm_23 Member

well welcome to the site ....its a great place to be.....:grin: ...lots of friendly folks here.....:)
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

John White - Welcome!

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum! It´s a very friendly (and skilled) crowd. Make yourself at home and enjoy the company.
    If there is anything you´d like to know, just ask, and you´ll always find an answer to your post.
    How nice that you and your wife flies a Piper Cub! That´s a beatiful plane - at this web site, you can try building a free Piper J-3 Cub:
    http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/ (I hope the server is up and running again...)

I´ve just bought myself a Radio-Controlled Piper Cub with an electric motor, which I will try any calm and sunny day now...

Btw, what´s the address of your paper models site? It would be interesting to visit.

best regards,
    Stockholm, Sweden:grin:

(edited in): Hmm - the server mentioned above doesn´t provide the free Cub at the moment. If you send me a Private Message stating your e-mail address, I´ll mail it to you ASAP.
  4. cbg

cbg Member

Hello and welcome, John! This is a nice place to be to become educated in all things in miniature aviation or just to spend some quality on-line time.

Have you checked the end of the spear movie site for their J-3 cub? Very similar to FG's. I myself built the Cub with floats not so long ago (one of my first models).

I think the FG site has been down for awhile. They're re-tooling the site.
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

End of The Spear Cub

Hi cbg,

Yes, I was thinking of the same model - I downloaded it about a month ago.
    It´s slightly smaller than the LARGE FG Cub, though, if you use the same paper size. It´s a very nice model, although I think the yellow colour is a little bit too bright, should be just a little bit more orange - but that can easily be altered in Photoshop, of course.
    I´ve almost built the NEW FG version of the Cub, which has this colour and very nice shadings on the wings, and the wonderful metallic-grey floats to go with it - they would look marvellous with polished duct tape applied . . .

I guess we have to wait just a bit longer for Chip & Co to get things organized. It´s probably worth the wait.

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Piper J-3 Cub Photographs

Hi John,

While we´re on the pleasant subject of Cubs, at this site there are some very good photos of Piper J-3s and L-4s, beginning here:
    http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=298 -click on "More photos of Piper Cub"

Bengt :roll:
  7. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome John, anything you need just ask... I PROMISE I will get quicker about my replies.
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Wood Engravings

Hi Phil,

I saw your wood engravings at Photobucket - beautiful work!
    You are a true artist.

9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Bengt, you are too kind...Thank You.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.