Hello, I am a new member of this Forum

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Swizzly, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Great looking layout...that string of blue diesels (GP38's?) looked great. Really nice job.
  2. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

Hi TruckLover,

3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Thanks Eugen:thumb: :D,

I did some some research last night on N-Scale trucks and I found that Athearn, Atlas, Con-Cor, and GHQ have some nice trucks. I have never really took the time to look at trucks in N-scale before because I model in HO and as you might have seen or figured out, I CAN'T GET ENOUGHT TRUCKS. Since I am going to be doing a N-Scale layout soon, I am going to need tons of trucks. I like the construction equipment the most but I also like the trucks and trailers. I found that GHQ Makes a lowboy trailer similar to the 1 that you have on your layout with the bulldozer on it. Here is some of the things that I am going to get along with the atlas, athearn, and con-cor trucks.

BTW: Your Southern Pacific Truck Sertvice Building is nice and I like that yard and how you did the concrete yard, It looks awsome!!

Attached Files:

4. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Trucklover, you'll be happy to know that Athearn announced a bunch of Mack Trucks...
  5. TruckLover

Yes indeed, I did see that in the e-mails that Athearn sends out!!bounce7
  6. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I'm sure enjoying the photos of your layout! Nice work!
  7. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

:rolleyes: Thanks for your intrest to my Pic's.

Here I have some more:

8. TruckLover

What a roundhouse you got there. You have so many Santa Fe locos!!

May I ask what the dimensions are of your layout table?
  9. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

Hi TruckLover,

my Layout is 4.8 x 2 Meters.

10. TruckLover

WOW, that is a great track plan and it looks even better in the pictures of your layout!!

Great job:thumb: :thumb:
  11. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

That is a GREAT layout:thumb: :thumb:
    You have any santa fe steam around that roundhouse?
  12. CaNadiaN

CaNadiaN New Member

Gruss Swizzly! Wilkommen bei The Gauge :)
  13. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

Hi Thoroughbreed,

yes, I have a few S F Steamer's, but no Photos! :cry:

I changet over to the modern Time!!

Bit I still ave som Bigy's!!

14. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Hello Swizzly, and welcome to the Gauge!
    Your layout looks great!
  15. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

:wave: some more Pic's :

Celebrating my 50-th birthsday in Caliente in 2004

16. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Swizzly. Thanks for sharing them with us.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  17. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Welcome aboard Swizzly, and many greetings from Germany. Your layout is awesome, but most of all, I like your roundhouse scene :thumb: .
  18. n2trains

n2trains Member

Welcome! Spectacular photos you have there! I want to see more. But either way, I live in Southern California, near Cajon Pass (about 45 miles away) and if you need, next time I go railfanning I'm sure I could spare a few minutes to send you pics of some BNSF/UP power/consists if you wish. Also, I'm quite new to the forums as well (though I've been trolling for nearly 2 years now). I finally decided to post because my interest has skyrocketed, partially in thanks to the very large (4x8) on the wall of the V&T 4-4-0 locomotive and the CNW E8? loco on my wall above my laptop hehe. But the other part that has contributed is probably the simple fact that behind the brick wall beyond the back of my condo is a single line of UP track that has been here since sometime in the mid-late 1800s. I have only been out once to ACTUALLY SEE the power that runs on those tracks, but they run by 3-4 times per day. I wish I had the time to just go sit.... *dreams on* again, Welcome!
  19. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

I don't want to sound toooooo old here but, I remember when that kind of detail was hard for HO and mostly reserved for O scale scratch builders.
    To see it in N scale blows me away.
    Very, very well done there. :)
    Now I have to redo all mine sheesh LOL
  20. ejen34

ejen34 Member

I like what has been done with the roundhouse, I also have a Heljan, never thought to put a back enterence...outstanding :thumb: