Hello, I am a new member of this Forum

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Swizzly, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

[​IMG]:wave: Hi N-Scale frends!

I am new to this Forum.

The Santa Fe Railroad is my Hobby for about 30 Years :thumb:

The ondly Problem I have: Switzerland is to far away from My favorite Trainspot California! :cry:

So I started do built a litle California in my basement! :rolleyes:

Some times you have to be a litle flexible to read my " Swiss-english" sign1

That's my Layout in my basement:

Greetings from Switzerland send you Eugen
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

:wave: Hi Swizzly and welcome to the Gauge!!

WOW, your layout is awsome!!:thumb: :thumb: All those pictures are great!!

Do you model any other scales besides HO??
  3. dr.5euss

dr.5euss Member

Hi Eugen!

Super layout, really good!

How did you get the ground cover? Any more pictures?
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

You did a good job replicating that curve in Caliente. Here is a photograph of the same curve on the San Diego Model Railroad museums HO layout.

Attached Files:

5. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

:wave: TruckLover,

That's NOT HO!!! :cry:

I am a N-Scaler!!!! All Pic's are N-Scale!! :thumb:

Hello dr.5euss

The ground cover is real dirt!!! and a litle Woodland senic.

If you like to see more Pic's, here is my Album: http://www.railimages.com/gallery/eugenhaenseler
  6. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to connect with this link. It says, "Page not found."
    Edit: Never mind. It's working now.
  7. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

TrainNut try aganin I had to edit the Addres
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge, Eugen:wave:
  9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

F-A-Ntastic Layout! I live out here in California, so if you need some industry shots from the bay area, just PM me! :) Also Trucklover might be able to help you out as far as "Down South" (southern CA) pictures are concerned! I checked out your railimages gallery, and I was floored!!! jawdrop look forward to many more pictres and posts from you in the future! cheers!
  10. joesho

joesho Member

wow looks amazing, so much detail for n scale, but one question if you like california so much why dont you move there? do you have family in switzerland?
  11. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome To The-Gauge Eugen. Enjoy Your Stay Here.:wave: :wave:
  12. Swizzly

Swizzly New Member

Hi Joesho,

Yep, I have Famili here in Switzerland and a Flat, Layout and a big N-Scale Colection!!! :rolleyes:

I come over to work some times at the Ghirardelli Chocolat-Company and also for Railfaning Holidays!!! :thumb:

I will be over there 20. Oct. - 3. Nov. 2006 !!!!!
  13. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

That desert scenery reminds me of my days in the army at Barstow,CA. Nice job of recreating the desert.
  14. caliban

caliban Member

From Switzerland and chocolate industry, perfect match!

Lecker Schoki!!

Great layout, how long did it take to finish this master piece!
    BTW where do you live in der Schwiez?

Welcome to The Gauge!
  15. dr.5euss

dr.5euss Member

Hi Eugen,

Could I have a bit more detail on the Woodland Scenics you used? I've been looking for stuff just like yours!

16. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Welcome aboard!

Nice work on the layout, thanks for sharing.
  17. zedob

zedob Member

quote: >Some times you have to be a litle flexible to read my " Swiss-english"<

Funny. Actually, your model work speaks for itself.:thumb:

If it's any consolation, your English is better than my Swiss, or German, or Italian, or...:D
  18. TruckLover

O :oops:

I really thought that looked like HO Scale, Sorry, It still looks amazing for N-scale.:thumb: :thumb: great job. I loved those pictures in the link!! Thanks for sharing.

As Miles said, I do live in Southern California so I can help you with anything around here to:thumb: :D
  19. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

Now that is a nice N scale layout. I injoyed the pic's on the webpage also. keep up the good work
  20. TruckLover

Hey Eugen, I just took a closer look at your layout pictures in the link and I have a question:

Were did you get the trucks on your layout and who makes them?? Some of the one's im talking about are: the yellow for cab, yellow cabover, XTRA trailers, yellow flatbed trailer with the bulldozer, gravel truck, and the other trailers and trucks you have.

I need to get some trucks for my new N-Scale layout. I hope you don't mind that im asking these questions.