Hello from Tokyo

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by YuG, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuG

YuG Member

Hello everyone. I should have posted my greeting first but I wasn't aware of introductions corner.

My name is Yu live in Tokyo, Japan.
    My card modeling started Sept. 2004 when I found out YAMAHA motorcycle. Since then I am hooked up card modeling and have been making airplanes and ships.

I also found train corner here. I was born and raised Yokohama. Not far from my home, there was model shop Shinohara well known in the US as flexible rail manufacturer.
    As the shop located between my home and school, I frequently dropped in there after school and would gazed American narrow gauge brass locomotives. That's why I still love American narrow gauge model.

Here I am happy to enjoy both card and train modeling.

Best regards
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Hi Yu,
    Welcome to our little cardmodelling corner :mrgreen:

Photos of your models were the best introduction I ever saw :thumb:
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I agree! You introduced yourself perfectly :)
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Welcome to the forum!! Hope to see your builds soon.

BTW I don't really see a lot of Japanese members here (although there's plenty of cardmodels in Japan... don't know why though)
  5. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Welcome, Yu! I share your love of American Narrow Gauge trains and look forward to seeing more of your work.
  6. YuG

YuG Member

I visited your threads of J-10 and kirakishou.
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's really great:thumb:
    I was very much impressed with your designing work and think you surely have artistic talent. I hope the site get back to normal so that I can see all the pictures you posted.
    Once I designed small jet BD5 but it wasn't satisfactory.
    Some day I want to design and make BD5 with gorgeous blond female pilot in it or standing beside!!!

Generally speaking, Japanese is shay, modest and humble like me:) and many of them have trouble writing English ( In my case, I don't mind grammatical error but am concerned about my writing sometimes might be offensive because I don't know subtle nuance)

I posted my thread here.
  7. YuG

YuG Member

Hi Chris,

I found out you are as same age as me!
    How nice we can share our common interest of both air planes and American Narrow Gauge trains:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.