Hello from Tirick!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Tirick, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirick

Tirick Member

I am not great at intro thread, but I will try... I have been a hobbyist for over 20 years, starting in my early teens with simple styrene kits and gradually broadening my interests. My wife often complains that I collect hobbies, which is mostly true, although I will state my interests mostly revolve around either gaming or modeling.

I collect miniatures for wargaming, although mostly they collect dust as children and responsibilities have consumed much of my time of late. I also use them for RPG combat. I enjoy painting more than collecting I imagine, although the time to buy a miniature is vastly disproportionate to the time to paint a miniature, so I have a collection of basecoated miniatures for the most part.

I also enjoy modeling, either custom models, of which I have a few, or kits, many of which are Star Wars related, although I am quite keen on the 1:48 Tamiya tank line. I'm not the greatest modeler, but I do try to make my own personal mark on the models I build.

Lastly I design and build paper models. I've built no professional kits as of yet, mostly what I can find on the net for free, but I have designed a half-dozen or so (all 1:50 Star Wars), and am in the process of realizing a good dozen ideas (focusing is not one of my strengths).

I stumbled across this site looking for a particular model (1:48 Moldy Crow) as a build was being showcased on another site and I was trying to locate a copy. My primary modelling site, swminiatures.com, has essentially become defunct, and since its loss I've been on a hiatus, only just now coming back into the swing of things with regards to paper modeling.

2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your work (and picking your brain).

4. Tirick

Tirick Member

Thank you! This site looks to have some excellent resources and very good modelers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.