Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by SteveG, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveG

SteveG Member

Thought I would say hello to you all, I have already had the pleasure of contact with 46Rob and his T-33's, hope you are all as friendly ; - )

I am a failed plastic modeller, loved making them could not paint them, some of the finishes others get !!

Started building Superquick and Metcalfe card kits of buildings, then discovered the 'net....

The rest is history,I make anything that takes my fancy, the files on my computer are full with downloads that have yet to hit the printer.

I will post some pictures soon

Steve G
  2. Kaz

Kaz Member

Ah, another UK paper modeller, the other two will say hi soon enough!!
  3. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

Hi Steve

Nice to know there are others in the uk with hands covered in PVA, but I'm surprised there so few of us?
  4. possm_23

possm_23 Member

Welcome aboard ...i think you will find this place enjoyable....entertaining......and filled with helpful people.....:)
  5. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Steve

Nice to have another Brit about not many of us.

Have fun

6. angevine

angevine Member

Hi Steve,

Hello and Welcome from a very cold and wet Dorset.... Normal weather then!

Hope you enjoy your time here and please PM me anytime. Always up for a chat etc.

This is one of the most fun sites i've been on, ask a question and someone is bound to have an answer... even if it's not always the right one :-D .

Enjoy your stay!

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi Too, from Bristol!

Tim P
  8. Horus

Horus Member

.... and Medway too!

Marcus H
  9. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Hello UK. I posted a recent question with no reply. This seems to be a group I could ask. In March our family is taking a weeks vacation to London. Are there card or model shops to recommend? Hopefully as we walk about, I can build in a couple of visits. We are staying in the west end area, near Harrods. Thanks, John
  10. Kaz

Kaz Member

The Poles (generally) live in the Ealing, Hammersmith and Balham areas of London, mostly those generations that stayed after WW2, If anywhere sold paper models I would imagine this would be a good starting place. I personally know of nowhere that sells paper models in London. One shop in Cambridge, called Primavera down Kings Parade, a long time ago and they were Automata, a bit like Rob Ives style
  11. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Welcome to the world Steve.
  12. David H

David H Member

And I am here in sunny Yorkshire, busy making a mess of the Geli Hawker Hunter....

This really is a great place for inspiration and temptation!

13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

If you head west to Bristol, there is a small shop beside the docks, an architectural organisation as I recall, that sells a few automata and a simple model of Bristol Cathedral, but thats it as far as I know. Not worth 120 miles on the M4! Thats why I order most of my kits mail order from GPM etc. Chris at Marcle Models keeps a lot in stock too, he does mail order and has stands at various models shows. ( Thanks Chris for that Polish Hunt class I bought from you at Telford!) The last proper paper kit shop in London I visited was Seagull Models in Exhibition Road; sheesh, how long ago was that!!?? 20 years? No, probably 25....

Tim P
  14. Maurice

Maurice Member

15. SteveG

SteveG Member

Thanks for the Welcome

I have been away for a few days, playing with a Bertie Bus model ( from thomas the Tank engine ) will post a link if I can find the address on the sheet, and a photo if I can work out the system !!

As the Title says nice to come back to all the messages, I am sure I will speak to you again

16. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

Hello from north of Birmingham in Lichfield.

Trying to build the Space Shuttle and stack from the AXM website for my lad and maybe some Canon animals afterwards for my daughter.

Got some mini skyscrapers at my website that people can download and print for free.

17. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Another Hi from Medway welcome to the forum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.