Hello from Temecula CA.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by ccain, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccain

ccain New Member

I am Chris from Temecula CA. I have been card modeling for about 20 years. Way back in the day when I was in architectural school, we used card stock to model our designs. I remember getting so much of a kick out of it that I immediately started scratch building everything. It's great to find a site with so much information! Thanks!

2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Welcome aboard! Show us some pix of your models.
  3. ccain

ccain New Member

Well Major,

I tried and since it has pics it says the moderator must review it.
    So, I'll attach some.

Note to Moderator:

Please delete the post with links to pics

I am currently working on a scratch build of the USS Midway. Took my stepson there a little while back and couldn't help myself. :mrgreen:
    I wish I had pics of the ones I lost in the move to California.

Here's the pics:

Attached Files:

4. ccain

ccain New Member

And BTW Major,
    Thank you for your service! I was Army and Air Force and I too am also retired.

A few more:

Attached Files:

SEBRET Member

Welcome to the Forums buddy. It's a great hobby isn't it? ;-)
  6. ccain

ccain New Member

It sure is! And this is a great site! I've been looking around and found lots of cool stuff! For instance, for years I've been scratching my head over how to make small scale railing... Well, tonight I found a link to how! SWEET!!!!

SEBRET Member

I have found that one of the greatest things about this site is that if you cant find something here, there is always a person that can direct you somewhere helpful. But to be honest that technically means you found it here anyway, lol.
  8. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Welcome, there are not too many paper scratch builders and your models look great.

Jim Nunn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.