Hello from Tampa Florida

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by George B, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George B

George B Senior Member

Hello everyone. I’d like to introduce myself. My name is George B. living in Tampa Fl. I’ve been interested in rockets since I was a kid (early 80’s) when I scratch built a 1/50th scale Saturn V. It flew successfully once then was put on display, unfortunately the years of travel from several moves has taken it’s toll.

The other day I decided to search the net for a Saturn V display model and stumbled across Jon’s sight. I d/led Greelt’s 1/48th scale first stage and began building the F1 engines as my first paper model project. I enjoyed it so much I emailed Greelt to thank him for his efforts. He replied with a link to this forum, so another thank you goes out to Greelt!

This seems like a very friendly and helpful forum with some very talented people!
  2. kronos

kronos Member

Hi george I build mostly real space sprinkle in the occasional star ship or air plane
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Welcome in our (not so)little community.
    Don't build rockets but live in Tampa too :grin:
  4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome, fellow Floridian! There is a lot of space stuff going on around here lately, so have some fun and post some more pics (saw your other thread, beautiful!).

5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Welcome!! Since it seems to be along your interests, check out the link in my sig to surfduke's Moon Port project...
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

And PS Jon's site really did a great job promoting the hobby ;)
  7. George B

George B Senior Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :)

Yes I'd have to agree with you Nezard. It was thanks to his site that I'm hooked. :roll: Hmmm is that good or bad? Thanks Jon!
  8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

It is very bad... posting at the office, downloading models at office, browsing at office, sending a bunch of Thanks to designers at office...

On second thought, it´s GREAT!!!!
  9. George B

George B Senior Member

Ha, at least you're very busy at the office. :wink:
  10. airbob

airbob Member

Welcome, Luke!

I ditto the welcome!...some members of this site are inclined to the "dark-teeny" side of card modeling...such as myself...some are even more afflicted and build these creations at greater than 1:100 scale!:-o...you seem inclined to the larger scale! :cry: Stick around here long enough and you may find yourself mysteriously drawn to the "dark-teeny-side" Luke, (ahem!) I'm sorry... excuse me "George"! Welcome!:wink: ....Bob out...
  11. George B

George B Senior Member

Hi Bob, Yes I like larger scale (I have big fingers). Love your KC-135 BTW!!! It's on my "to-do" list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.