Hello from Sweden

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ulf999, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ulf999

ulf999 Member

Hi guys!

My name is Ulf (born -69) and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.
    I'm into Märklin, HO. Mainly collecting their US offerings.

When I began this hobby in 2004 I pretty quickly decided to start with a small layout (work described here :marklin-users.net forum - ulf999 - Ulf's first layout)

This was fun for a while (my son and his cousins still enjoy it though :)), and I soon discovered the modular concept. I'm a member of a modular club that have modular meetings a few times a year. This is a great opportunity to run on a basement sized layout :D.

I will post threads describing some of my modules (with pics off course :))
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome Aboard!! Always great to have modelers from abroad give us input and show us modeling from other places :D :D :D
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Welcome Ulf! Glad you found us. We love pictures here so do post some and show us what you are up to!
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice to have another modular railroader on board!

5. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome Ulf: Are you aquainted with Berraf who lives in the Stockholm area? He is into US, N scale. He posted quite frequently for awhile.
  6. ulf999

ulf999 Member

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I know of Berraf, I've 'met' him on other (swedish) forums :)
  7. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

ulf999, welcome! I can recall an awesome Swedish UP model railroad in our Modelrailroader magazine a year or so ago!

I look forward to seeing your pics!
  8. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge Ulf. That is a great little layout you show on the other forum. Loking forward to seeing pictures here.

9. ulf999

ulf999 Member

10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Welcome to Another Swede!

Hej Ulf!

Vad kul att vi får en till svensk medlem - varmt välkommen! Jag själv har varit med i gänget här sedan november 2005. Bygger mest flygplan från 1:a världskriget och en del rymdfarkoster. Hoppas du kommer att trivas - det finns mycket trevligt och hjälpsamt folk här på forumet!
    I Göteborg finns t e x även svensken Leif, som håller kontakten med det tyska systerforumet http://www.kartonbau.de/

English translation:
    Hello Ulf!

How nice with another Swedish member - welcome! I have been a member of the gang since November 2005. I build mainly aircraft from WW I and some spacecraft. I hope you will enjoy your stay here - there are a lot of very friendly and helpful people here a the forum!
    In Gothenburg, you have for example also the Swede Leif, who maintains the connection to the German sister forum kartonbau.de

All the best,
    Bengt :wave:
  11. ulf999

ulf999 Member

Tackar /thanks!