Hello From Surabaya

Slickaa

Mar 28, 2009
Hi all, just a short note to introduce myself.

Started my papercrafting with buildings but due to poor eyesight have stopped this past 2 years as I am not able to get the fiddly bits right.

Now looking to restart after seeing all those Warhammer Models.

Z

Zathros

Hello Slickaa and :welcome1: to the forum. I sometimes have problems with the fiddle parts, you can get a 10X Loop that attaches to your glasses or a magnifying glass with a built in light (if we were neighbors I'd give you one!). I used one of these eye glass ones when I was a machinists, it just saved on straining your eyes. Post some pics of your past builds, and feel free just to look around. We love having you hear and experience is a worthwhile contribution. One of the best actually! :)

Slickaa

Mar 28, 2009
Thanks will try the loop idea. There are some in the stores but I dont see how they can attach to glasses. Will definitely take another look. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks

Stephenb

Card Meddler
Oct 21, 2011
Utah, USA
I've use these on glasses and baseball caps. One is a 7X and the other is a 4X and they work well, but I do feel that I have to get pretty close for them to be effective.

Attachments

• b&l1.jpg
    b&l1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • b&l2.jpg
    b&l2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 5
Z

Zathros

There are so many variations on this them, you access to products and how deep you pocket goes are your only limits. This is the Google Search I used (IT IS SPELLED "LOUPE"):

http://www.google.com/search?q=eyeg....,cf.osb&fp=5100256c89ca3974&biw=1920&bih=842

il_fullxfull.225808236.jpg

H-MG922D.jpg

glasses2.jpg

Slickaa

Mar 28, 2009
Thanks Zathros & Stephenb.

Been to a few places but only available loupes are the hand held types together with the hand held magnifiers.

I do have a fresnel lense somewhere. Will dig it out and have a go. Maybe tape it to a hanger wire frame to free up the hands.

Will keep u posted on the outcome.

Z

Zathros

I have one of these, it is an excellent device, also, the build flourescent and incandescent bulb gives you all the light you need.

MagnifyingLamp.jpg