Hello from Portland!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DrumMajorC, Jan 18, 2012.

1. DrumMajorC

DrumMajorC New Member

Hey there,
    Poor little college student here in Portland, Oregon.

Paper modeling is something I've come to enjoy in the past few years, particularly science fiction ships, so far I have quite the little fleet of star trek ships :thumb:

Currently I'm working on a model of the ssv Normandy from the first Mass Effect, of which I'm a big fan. Eventually I'd like to get an sr2 model to go with it and this forum is the only place I've seen progress on that model, which, was one of the main reasons for me joining.

Anyway, thanks for your time and all.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

:welcome1: to the forum. Definitely lots of Sci-Fi people here. Please post pictures of your models, you can do so under the "Go Advanced Tab". We like lots of pics here. :)

a big fan of Portlandia!
  3. RobTACP

RobTACP New Member

Welcome. I'm also a newbie here but like the crowd so far, and lots of good sci-fi here. I've got the Normandy on my list too.

I recently moved form Portland to Seattle (had to experience both as they are always compared/contrasted). I think we got the worst end of the Snowpocalypse this week compared to you guys.
  4. DrumMajorC

DrumMajorC New Member

Haha yeah. Just a bunch of slush down here blown out of proportion by the news. :p
  5. RobTACP

RobTACP New Member

We ended up getting our annual snowfall in a day which also happened to be the day I was supposed to fly out to San Diego for some work. So instead of a week getting paid to work on an island off Southern California, I'm dealing with a bunch of slush for no pay. Boooo!