Hello from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by modelperry, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modelperry

modelperry Member

My name is Greg and I live in south central PA near the Maryland border. After thirty years of plastic modeling, I have been introduced to paper modeling, sort of by accident.

A co-worker had just bought a Lotus Elise and had yet to take delivery of it when another co-worker gave him a built up paper model of one from papecarcraft. As a joke, I told him I was going to find a paper model of my Honda Fit so we could "race" in the office. Papecarcraft had one and the rest is history.

Since I work in the construction equipment industry for a manufacturer of aerial work platforms and rough terrain fork lifts, I was really intrigued when I found Modelik's Star Aerial Truck and even more so when I found out they offered a hydraulic crane (my former employer manufactured cranes).

I have built quite a bit of small stuff from the internet and have just completed my first purchased kit: Maly-Modelarz' Star 25 crane. It was most enjoyable.

My biggest problem is not being able to decide what to work on next!!!

Attached Files:

2. Welcome Greg, glad to have you. What to build next is one of our biggest problems, there is so much available for free or purchase. Maybe for practice you could post some pics of your Maly crane (hint, hint). I imagine it was quite a challenge. Looking forward to seeing your work.
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Welcome - and I also would love to see pictures of the crane.
  4. modelperry

modelperry Member

I added pictures to my original message.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Nice job Greg! It looks great!:cool:
    Trying to decide the next build is my biggest problem also.

I want to build them all next!:twisted:

6. Very nice Greg! That is a really unique model. I think there are subjects available in paper that you wouldn't be able to find in any other medium. How long is that thing from stem to stern? I guessing 16 to 18 inches.
  7. modelperry

modelperry Member

You are correct Don, the crane is 17 inches long in the configuration shown in my pictures.
  8. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Very nice build. Glad to have you on board from a fellow loco, i'm also in PA.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! those are really good! looking forward to a build thread on your next one
  10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Welcome aboard! And GREAT build pics! I'm originally from Media,PA,...now my sister and parents live in Lebanon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.