Hello from New York!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by hgmarin, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgmarin

hgmarin New Member

Hello everyone! Just joined because I have an interest in papermodels, particularly rockets. Made a couple of cars a while back. They turned out all right.
    Want to get back into it after I buy and move into our new house, sometime next month.
    I am a carpenter by trade, so I work with the precursor of paper. Seems to me paper would be easier to use to make models from than wood (although I have seen some excellent models made from wood).
    I'll be looking for advice and tips from the group once I start again, especially about the different kinds and weights of paper.:confused: I'm actually a newbie to this art (and I do consider it an art).
    It'll take me some time to go through the threads, so if I ask a lot of repeated questions, I hope you'll all bear with me.
    Looking forward to working with you all!:wave:
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

ask away - if you have trouble finding an answer, chances are there are others :) paper weight can be a challenge. I use Wausau 65 lb bright white paper for pretty much everything.
  3. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Greetings from a former NY'er...

If your near the city, Best place for bits and supplies is Pearl Paint of the West side of Canal Street, very very cheap too...

Welcome and enjoy the site. Plenty of friendly helpful people here

John John
  4. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

another local boy huh? I'm in rockland county just north of the city and I've been known to make a model rocket or three...

check out the basic instructions and faq's at http://jleslie48.com

if you look around, you might even find a rocket or two...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.